The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

I think he forgot “gays” and “coloreds” but otherwise checked off all the other trigger topics.

How the hell is one bad on life?

Abortion. I had to think about it for awhile too.

I think he means Pro-Life. This is Trump so half-ass is always close enough.

I think Donald Trump is bad on life. Of course, that’s just an opinion.

Thanks guys. I thouuught he might’ve meant abortion, but totally wasn’t sure given his use of the best words.

Trump is the anti-life equation.

Oh no. I like something David Brooks wrote.

That link is freaking out in every browser I tried it in. I wonder if the NYT has found a new way to try to force subscriptions.

just cut off everything after the “?”

Another fun thing is, back when we did have slavery, we certainly were not regarded as a world power; in fact, we were sort of an up and coming backwater of sorts.

That’s what I found extra funny about it.

“America was great when they were barely a real nation and had no power or influence.”

Yeah, but women, negroes, foreigners and the Jews knew their place.

Also the Deplorable Word.

https://brainblizzarding.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/jadisawakens.jpg

Damn.

The problem with Moore is the same as the problem with Trump and the Access Hollywood tape. If you were okay with “let’s bring back torture,” “let’s deliberately target the families of terrorists,” “let’s build a wall to keep the Mexicans out, because they’re rapists and criminals,” plus his flagrantly obvious dishonesty and utter lack of qualification for the gig, never mind that his every interaction with other humans showed him to have a personality of the deepest crassness and self-absorption, but “grab 'em by the pussy” was going to turn you around on him – well, even if that’s what our Republican base looks like, we still have problems.

Similarly, with Moore, you have a guy who likes to wave a gun around onstage, thinks proper science education turns people into drive-by shooters, flouts first-amendment restrictions on church/state separation, and by all accounts would happily support a Christian theocracy. If the Alabama electorate is fine with all that (and evidently they are), then we’ve already got serious problems, whether or not charges of child molestation would actually make them hold their noses and vote for that abominable Democrat (which they probably won’t anyway).

Point is, Moore was reprehensible in many ways before any of this teenage stuff came to light, but Alabama Republicans loved him for all that. That’s our electorate in many states, and that’s why IMO Trump has a very very very very good chance to win reelection in 2020.

Now for the less pessimistic take! Trump won by small margins in a number of key states. I have seen zero evidence that he has gained any new supporters since he’s been in office, and a lot of evidence that he has been slowly but surely shedding supporters. It also seems that once those people are gone, they get added to his attack list, so are far less likely to come back. Not true of everyone, but you don’t need a huge percentage of the “hold my nose and vote for him” crowd to become unwilling to do that again before re-election becomes impossible. I also have a feeling(or maybe just hope) that the anti-Trump Republicans could start becoming an organized faction by then.

I know it’s easy to focus on the hardcore supporters who get all the attention and will stick him no matter what, but those aren’t the people that are going to decide an election.