The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Well, it’s a start. If all the racist shithead congress folks would just follow him, we’d make some progress.

Thoughts and prayers.

I feel sorry for his family.

Does he have any connection to 9/11 besides being alive when it happened?

I feel a bit sorry for his kids. But I feel more sorry for Miranda because the last thing the SOB did was make a Facebook post denying all the allegations. How many innocent people kill themselves when confronted with false accusations?

Well hopefully she will feel vindicated because most people will assume he is guilty once those who knew him get past the grief and anger and anything else that comes with mourning. My point is, suicide is awful for the family, no matter who they were. It’ just a horrible way to leave people behind. That kind of suicide anyway.

The more important question is, Why do some molesters kill themselves while others run for the Senate and Presidency? (That’s bipartisan btw, screw all the molesters that deny what they’ve done. )

I agree with you suicide is the ultimate selfish act. But I don’t know if Miranda will feel vindicated or necessarily be treated that way because his denial was so forceful. Maybe her friend Sarah, Johnson daughter, will believe her but maybe she will believe her dad and blame Miranda for her dad’s death.

Blaming his death on PTSD related to 9/11 when he had nothing to do with 9/11 is such bullshit. Definitely one of those deaths, that make me hope I’m wrong about Hell not existing.

Well I obviously can’t speak for a victim, but me feeling sorry for his family takes nothing away from her.

More than zero, Budd Dwyer for example.

Because some of them are sociopaths.

His denial was both forceful and not really a denial, more of a “this was misconstrued”

Tough to know, obviously. But an innocent person having his life and career destroyed by an accusation that is effectively impossible to erase (you can’t ever prove a negative) might easily be pushed to suicide. Maybe even more easily than a guilty person.

Sounds like he led quite the life:

▪ In 1985, Louisville police found Johnson’s Cadillac Coupe de Ville doused with gasoline. Two people arrested at the scene said Johnson had paid them to torch it. Johnson reported it stolen the next morning but eventually admitted he’d paid to have it destroyed so he could collect insurance. Indicted on charges of arson and filing a false police report, he pleaded not guilty and completed a six-month diversion program and the charges were dropped.

▪ In 2000, Johnson’s Heart of Fire church burned in a blaze that investigators concluded was intentionally set. The back door was unlocked and a flammable liquid had been poured along a hallway. Johnson said the church had been threatened and blamed the Ku Klux Klan. The insurance company sued, raising questions about poor security and pointing out the church was deep in debt, as is common in arson cases. That case was settled and no arson charges were filed.

▪ Alcoholic Beverage Control officers have cited Johnson and the church three times for selling alcohol without a license. These sales happened at regular weekend church parties. KyCIR described them as “Bikers, booze and, occasionally, bare breasts … a costume party featuring zombie nuns in short skirts.” In a 2009 trial Johnson, dressed in a priest’s collar and wearing a cross, claimed that the drinks were served as part of a “communion.”

So Paul Ryan plans to get this crap tax plan through, and then gut entitlements and ride off into the sunset? What a prick

You forgot to add ‘then joins a lobbying group for a million+ bucks a year, a job he obtained via his connections in government’.

Wow, one of these scumbags finally had the self awareness to off himself. Didn’t think that would happen anymore.

I’ve seen so many movies and read so many stories where someone kills themselves after a big disgrace. Remember when the Marine officer who was about to testify kills himself in A Few Good Men? His narrated suicide note read like someone in the movies and I had never heard of this in real life. Sorry for his family, not sorry for him.

Chances Trump kills himself: .0000001%, up .0000001% from last week.

Oh, he’s killing himself, one drumstick at a time.

I wish there was a patreon for sending him buckets of extra crispy KFC

Yeah, the CDC is no longer science or evidence based, at least in writing…

Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”

In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of “science-based” or ­“evidence-based,” the suggested phrase is “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,”