The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

I’m a bit at the same spot. Still missing 2 hunter masks, 2 ivory keys and all the exotics.

My biggest problem with Div2 is that I now find myself spending 30 minutes at the start of each game session – cleaning up – from the last.

I need a bigger inventory, and a bigger resource stash for crafting materials.

Would also be nice if you could ‘extract’ traits/etc and keep them as ‘inventory’ so I could get rid of all these items I have laying around.

MMO’s, man.

-Tom

What’s with this upside-down crescent icon I keep seeing during the game?

Depends on where it is on the screen - it may be a status effect. Check your gear and see if any of them have a trait with that icon.

Having completed Anthem’s story and just reached level 16 in The Division 2, I think I can safely say I prefer the latter by a tremendous margin. Though I might be approaching open-every-container fatigue.

I finally got around to organising my gear and ended up with a full offensive set that’s at ~40% crit hit chance (stat page), 60% crit hit dmg, 85% elite damage, ~20% AR damage and ~25% rifle damage, so my two main weapons. Paired with Berserker talent I’m melting pretty much everything that steps in front of me. It’s funny how much faster elites die compared to purple enemies lol.

I also like that some of the stronger talents like Perseverance, Strained or Clutch have a max cap of red attributes so you can’t go full offence like I did and still use them.

All in all it’s a pretty cool system for loot hunting, especially since the core gameplay is ace. I legit had fun soloing level 3 alerts on WT4 just now, at no point did I feel pressured by the enemy which was the case these last two days before I had a look at tons of loot in my stash.

Also Sharpshooter is TOO good. Not only do you get stability, you also get reload speed. It will be hard switching away from it when I max it out.

Had a great battle for a control point but had to step away for awhile after capturing it before I could loot the yellow box. Don’t do that – when I came back in-game it couldn’t be looted. =/ Everything else if fine, at least, and it isn’t like the loot would be relevant in a couple of levels anyhow.

Also went into the Dark Zone at L11. Thought I’d hate it but actually it was pretty fun. Accidentally went Rogue (“ah, so that’s what the skull symbol is!”), did an extraction, and captured a couple of landmarks with some random people.

Did 3 missions with pubbies, game is so much fun with a squad of 4, even if one or two of them rush ahead a bit. :P

Almost rank 13 now, just made it down to The Castle.

Fantastic review

It’s a really good game that in my opinion could be made great simply by removing 50% of the random loot crates in the open world.

So, just throwing this out there in case someone else runs into the same bug. It’s a bad one (complete showstopper with no fix ETA) and judging by the Google results, not exactly rare.

Once you’ve completed the missions to upgrade the Base of Operations (typically concluding at the Federal Emergency Bunker if you go by levels), you get a mission “Reactivate the SHD Network”. This involves going into the basement of the White House to interact with a server down there, at which point you get a brief cutscene.

Well, this mission bugs out. A lot. I have my theory that it involves doing the Federal Emergency Bunker in a group, then someone in that group turns in the mission while others are not in the White House. That’s what happened to my friend, unfortunately. I had turned in the mission, he was still on the outskirts of the Federal Emergency Bunker sorting through loot and didn’t get mission credit. He would get prompted to restore the network himself, but the server you’re supposed to interact with he couldn’t do anything with. No interact prompt.

If you find yourself in this situation, you’re unable to get credit for the final stronghold (Capitol building). You can tag along in a mission with a group, but you’ll be flagged as ineligible because you’ve yet to complete the main quests (the Restore the SHD network) and won’t receive credit. This also means that you’ll never be able to progress to WT1 and beyond or pick a specialization.

Your only hope is by waiting for ages at the Federal Emergency Bunker and hope you can matchmake into someone running the mission that hasn’t completed it yet. You then have to hope that said person fast travels to the White House, goes into the server room, and interacts with the server. That’s the only way out for now. Unfortunately, that mission is flooded by L30’s trying to do the same thing, so matchmaking into a “clean” mission isn’t likely.

I ended up spending Sunday leveling up a new character just to be able to run that mission for my friend and got him unstuck that way, but what a nasty bug. It’s a little upsetting that this was reported in Early Access, acknowledge by Ubisoft as a bug that they are investigating, but still not hotfixed. It really is a total showstopper and it’s super frustrating that the thing that invalidated your L30 character was the inability to watch a pointless cutscene.

Ouch. The worst bug I’ve found was one that happened when I jumped (Ctrl) up on to a box which itself was right up against a railing on a platform over another part of the level. Apparently the game got confused (was I jumping up on the box? over the railing?) and I just hung there, controls inactive, but the UI fully displaying me getting roasted alive by a flamethrower dude. Yay.

That’s pretty great of you. Suggestion: If you have not upgraded that second characters’s crafting bench, leave it at blue. There is some value in being able to craft blue skill mods, as most specs do not have the skill power to use anything more than that (this is specifically skill mods – gear mods are fine).

Yep, that’s a nasty bug. Happily, there seem to be few such in this game, which is pretty great for a launch these days.

That’s not a bad idea. Would I have a way of trading those mods to my “real” character? Is the stash shared for the account?

I know loot found in a group can be shared to group members for X hours, but I don’t know how it works for crafted stuff. Maybe I can just craft, give to friend, and he gives to me? Or maybe Ubisoft will make gear mod skill power requirements not so obscene (I think they acknowledged they’re looking into it). :)

Yes. That’s one of the reasons Marcostyle is leveling alts:

You know what would be fucking great? Not having mobs spawn directly behind you in a firefight. Happened to me twice last night.

That’s my biggest issue with the game, it’s the one thing that really drives me nuts. I really enjoy it, but man that just defeats so much of purpose of the otherwise excellent tactical gameplay.

It’s hard to be tactical and methodical when the game miracles up enemies behind you.

ISAC - “Agent. Deceased. Boss spawned behind agent while reloading LMG. Had no chance. Haha. Fuck you.”

Yep the game likes the secret monster closets.

Mobs spawning behind me, I think I have never died from that.

What I have died is starting a fight in the streets, then having open world mobs that already had agro on me, follow me inside the mission area.

And sometimes you are waiting outside a mission area, and somebody step inside and triggers the mission mobs, and these are smart enough to abandon the mission area and try to kill the players.

This is a testament to the technology of the game, the open world and the missions mix so smoothly and seamlessly.