The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

I didn’t enjoy D1 very much when it came out and didn’t ever go back to it. I got D2 and did like it for a while playing almost only solo. So I should go back and play D1 now that it’s been spiffied up a bunch?

D2 did ignore much of what D1 eventually figured out. That being said, the game was really fun, and for all of its issues did a bang-up job of giving us an even more dysfunctional DC than we got in 2020!

Barely.

…and so it ends not with a bang, but a whimper. The resolution of the last manhunt target turns out to not even have a cutscene or anything for a major character since TD1.

More content is coming later this year.

We see the ongoing conversation in our community and we understand that you are eager for news of what lies ahead for The Division 2.

Today, we are thrilled to confirm that there will be additional content for The Division 2 released later this year! It is your continuous passion and support which enables us to continue to build upon The Division 2 experience, and we cannot thank you enough for that.

Some of you had noticed that Title Update 12 was originally meant to be the last major Title Update for The Division 2, but thanks to your continued support, we are now in the early stages of development for fresh content to release later in 2021.

While it is still too early to go into more details today, you won’t have to wait too long, as we will share more as soon as we can. In the meantime, we again want to send a heartfelt thank you for your continued support throughout the Division 2 post-launch period. We cannot stress enough how much this means to us.

We also want to take this opportunity to update you on a few issues currently present in the game. An investigation into the crashes affecting many of you is ongoing with the highest priority, and we are also close to finding a fix for the missing volumetric fog and screen space reflections on PlayStation 5. We will let you know when we have a date for both fixes.

Until next time!

/ The Division 2 Development Team

The original plan was to end the story with the current patch. This is a live service game released about two years ago. WTF.

I never completed Division 2, and frankly, am not interested in the level grind w/ either Division title. I just loved roaming around the virtual DC and previously NYC completing missions.

Is the NYC expansion for D2 worth the 9 bucks? Do I have to be leveled to a certain extent, or does it scale to the player level? I wouldn’t mind revisiting NYC w/ the new maps.

EDIT: NM! I was able to use Ubi Coins to reduce the expansion to about 7 bucks so I’ll just roll with it.

I just picked up Warlords of New York for $9 myself - haven’t tried it yet, but I figured it was worth a go. The New York environment of the first game was definitely more interesting than DC.

Just have 2 manhunt targets left and I can be done with this game.

The NYC expansion is definitely worth a few bucks, if you like the core gameplay.

I’m already digging it. I’m biased, as I’m from the area, but NYC is a much more engaging environment than DC. There was an option to boost up to level 30 in order to travel to NYC, so I just went for it.

The NYC in winter that they crafted for the first game was such a magical and haunting experience. Almost unfair that they set the bar so high; overgrown DC in the summer couldn’t compare.

Yeah, the atmosphere in the first game is superb. DC is still pretty good, but the first one nailed it.

In TD1, if you get modestly lucky or just are persistent, you will see NY in foggy snow at night. THAT is beautiful.

Yo still playing TD1 here, no desire to grind all over again in TD2.

Played the heck out of D2, I thought the New York expansion added some new life and interesting scenery. Be sure and get up on the rooftops in the Chinatown part of NY, you can explore a lot of the city purely from up there.

The manhunts became a drudgery for us (I played mainly coop with my brother.) We played enough that we’d optimized a variety of builds, maxxed out our levels, and there really was no more loot worth picking up and keeping. We finally got to the point of it feeling extremely BTDT and quit. That said, we had hundreds of hours of great gameplay and experiences - great PVE coop game - so I was extremely happy with it and we’d probably purchase Div 3 on release. The final battle in the Wall Street mission, which we fought a number of times to get the Bullet King LMG drop, absolutely destroyed us over and over and over. We’d run around, try to cover each other, trying to whittle down the three Big Bad Guys slowly chasing us down, surrounded by unending streams of their mignons popping out of everywhere, and failing time after time after time. We were maxxed out levels and weapons too. We’d chat about different strategies, decide on one, try it again, have a furious fight, lose again, regroup. Then we discovered a strategy that let us kill the boss in about 1 to 2 minutes, every time! Lots of virtual high fives.

We created a lot of great memories playing together in that game. One of the best coop PVE games we’ve played.

I liked both games, the Division 2 is a better game than the Division 1 IMO, in gameplay and mechanics, but the setting, more of a question of taste I think. Two great settings to do somewhat interesting stuff in though.

But for some reason both games appear to cause BSOD on my system, so I gave them up eventually.

I saw an article the other day saying that the new Star Wars open world thing will be using the Division engine. I could totally play that, after bouncing off TD1 due to the semi-realistic real-world implications.

That’s their (proprietaryt) Snowdrop Engine. They’re using it for the Star Wars and Avatar games, as well as TD 1 and 2. It has been great in the first two games.

I hope you filet their mignon…(ok, back to lurking)

Exactly, I still get chills thinking of my time in the higher levels of the Dark Zone in NYC, just scouting around to see it.

Just “finished” the game by completing season and final manhunt target. Man, they ran out of gas and put no effort into that last mission.

I agree. As someone who lived in NY and NYC for most of my life, seeing it in the Division 1 was an awesome experience. Div 2 is a good game but comparing vistas to NYC, Div 1 wins.