The "DLC that rape the customer" award has been retired by ROF: Channel Edition

Hence ‘e.g.’ You know. The e stands for exemplia or something, and it’s an example of another use of the word ‘rape’, the ‘violent seizure, plunder, or abuse’ one. It’s still hyperbole to the point of rhetorical irresponsibility: not only is it trolling, but it isn’t even a good use of the word. There’s no force involved, beyond the internal one that draws flight simmers to unique and shiny products.

I’m not going to offer an alternative, though, because I’m lazy and it’s not my thread.

If anything, I think we should start using ‘Plunder’ more. Maybe Sid Meyers Pirates 3 would be what it takes to get the word back in fashion.

I support the increased use of the word “plunder.” It makes it seem as though we live in adventurous times.

I’m all for that.

Rise of Flight uses some sort of Free-toPlay model. You get the base game and buy the extra’s. The 200$ sticker price you label extortionate is really the maximum a so-called “whale” can invest in their game. But if you want, if you were interested in what that thing you slander with terrible words such as rape really is, you can check it out for the utterly abusive price of 0.00$

I had no idea you were a girl. Your handle does not have tits. rape would have been as offensive a term coming from any other handle.

I won’t say it’s ok, but games like that are designed to appeal to super-otaku types who will spend hundreds on a game.

This DLC ripoff model works/is necessary when you have a game that doesn’t sell much, but the folks who love it really really love it.

As long as it’s done up front and in the clear, is it any different than a Kickstarter where certain individuals pledge 100s or even 1000s to see a game they want made? Absent deception, it’s much more a system of patronage than any sort of theft or other outrage.

I was disappointed by this DLC. Insufficient customer-raping.

A lot of women and girls were raped and then killed in the Raping of Nanking. And I mean that in the most obvious usage of the word rape. Boohoo baby complains about some DLC.

Aha! So the cockpit light IS required to play the game properly at night, but you have to buy it separately? Sounds more than just fluff. ;) I guess you have to buy one for each plane, you can’t just buy one light and use it in all of them?

Anyway, a topic probably more suited for the proper RoF thread, this place is getting hot. :)

The mods are plane-specific, and no you don’t need them to play the game at night. It does help to see the gauges better, however. Fire up the free game and give it a whirl.

Can I ask something dumb. How do you know that? IP address? Writing style?

Ah, but your error is assuming the game can ever be played properly at night!

It’s not fluff, it’s just DLC you should be certain you want rather than something you buy automatically. I wanted to mention it in case anyone was considering it. And yeah, the separate purchases are really bad. Oh well.

Only in the Gotha or the Handley-Page. :P

Not necessarily. I’ve bought all 3 Neptunia games so far and I have bought none of the DLCs besides 1 character ticket (means you can use a new character in combat and with a few event scenes) from the first and second game (which is still a r…ip-off granted).

These games have some free DLCs as well.

But then again, the DLCs I’ve bought generally since DLCs came into existence I can count on one hand.

Respectfully, how would we have any way of knowing such a thing?

The folks at GoneGold/OO tied bplotkin/kahless/Ihatemorrowind/GreenGrocer/White Pride together by IP matching.

One day ExecutionerFive posted something here about his/her interest in bariatric surgery, using certain very idiosyncratic language. I answered him.

A week later, Ihatemorrowind posted the exact same question at OO, and that tied E5 to that entity. The posts are word for word, nearly. They don’t pass copyscape, as those of us in the editing biz say.

E5 had some very specific things he/she posted about here. (Not the least of which is “customer service done me wrong for no reason” threads, like the one that led to the infamous “ExecutionerFive, WHICH EB?” meme) He went dormant for a bit and Darkstar One appeared and before long posted in the same style about the same stuff (with some very, very specific language and style “tells”.) Eventually Darkstar One wore out his/her welcome. Then so did ExecutionerFive, who reappeared (The infamous “The Obama campaign kicked us out of our hotel for a family wedding” thread, a topical variation on the “Customer service done me wrong” theme.) About that time, Defcon One appeared…and it wasn’t long before it was obvious that Defcon One was Darkstar One. I can’t remember which it was, but one of those incarnations got banned for the Muslim Cat thread, the other got banned for basically threatening another forum member or something crazy like that.

And so Gulf of Araby has three “Tell” posts up, this one being the third of those. They’re painfully obvious if you recognize the style. We have the “Customer service done me wrong thread” regarding Gulf’s trip with her/his iPad to the Apple Store for a battery problem that may or may not exist, we have this thread in which Gulf has zero sense of proportion or feeling for offensive language (a staple of her/his), and finally, go look in the Music/Television/Comic Books forum here for a single post about the band Quarterflash.

Here’s the tie between ExecutionerFive and Ihatemorrowind at OO.

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4221&p=72592&hilit=bypass#p72592

The posts are word-for-word, posted on the same day.

Realize this: Ihatemorrowind is a person who under previous names at GG/OO did some pretty awful things, including creating a screen name of “White Pride” and posting exactly the kind of stuff someone with that screen name would post.

So there’s that.

Here’s E5 going out in a blaze of glory in his final “Customer service done me wrong” thread:

Scroll to post 28. Seem familiar?

Another fun “tell” of ExecutionerFive’s is the “Here’s a band with female members in it, how do they rate?” These posts frequently bring up the rock and roll hall of fame, like this one:

I mean…oh Hai thair!

And customer service–plus GTA IV–done her/him wrong:

Did someone say “Computer company done me wrong?” Yep.

Oh hai, new name:

And GTA IV? Done her/him wrong:

Have we had a female singer/rock and roll hall of fame couching? We have!

What a ridiculous human being.

Detective triggercut is on the case!