The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

I saw it as a scout attack and was making a cheeky comment. Didn’t mean for it to become a thing.

Hey, please dont bail out :) On our side it is not an issue and we wouldnt have minded if Vanheim HAD intentionally sent a sneaky rogue hedge mages in as retaliation! It has been totally a non issue in our private comms.

It was my fault for not clarifying the rule initially…if any good has come out then it has demonstrated the great importance of at least 1PD for the newbies here. The rules are clear now and it wont happen again!

Yeah ok, apology accepted. I thought that your initial attack might have been some kind of prank/miscommunication, but two turns in a row on the same topic and I was thinking something different.

I’ve been feeling pretty sorry for myself the last couple of weeks tbh, with the lack of free time and suffering from a very annoying flu/cold.

The large time commitment for teaching the new players has been tough (but fun). Up until the recent rules-lawyering bit… I couldnt justify the thought of spending all of my free time on arguing about rules, it really p!sses me off! :)

So, I apologise too, and can I suggest that we pause the game for a week. I’ll still be struggling for free time, but at least this will hopefully give me time to kick this rotten virus!

Newbs be aware that the diplomacy portion of multiplayers Dominions has been known to cause issues irl.

Yikes, that sounds quite dramatic!

I’ve had real life mess up my gaming (like now), but haven’t ever reached the point where gaming messes up my real life…

I believe many of the issues that come up with Dominions MP is in the diplomatic agreements between nations that develop in a single player game. Thankfully in a two team game, there are no problems that arise in who is your friend and who is your enemy :).

Our current game has some special rules, which has been a bit of an issue, but most times a two team game avoids many of the issues that can come up like ganging up on a nation, or choosing to ally with a certain nation that in turn helps them win the game, etc. It can get tricky at times later in a game in deciding on whom to attack, or not to attack, as any one nation can influence the winner and that can cause friction at times.

Glad to see the game is on again! Thanks for all that you are doing in assisting the newer players, @psyanojim.

Oh and @dfs, good to see you in the thread again! You have to come back and play with us again! I saw your post on the other forum and see your interest had been piqued again.

Hosting postphoned till early Saturday. Is that enough time, or is more needed?

And yes, drama can come up in these games. I recall one where Ulm was kicking mine (TNN) and machaka’s butts. We had to ally out of desperation. Ulm was wandering around our backfield with shamans with bottled water elementals and bows. Nasty sneaky stuff. We finally got him, it took the entire game. But the player was bitter about it, even though he played fabulously well.

My girlfriend keeps joking that I’m playing Dominoes 4.

Once you find yourself day dreaming about what you want to research, or how you are going to script that army and the mages, or how you are going to respond to a thug attack, or how you are going to coordinate an attack, you will know that its in your blood…

Yeah. you get emotionally invested in these games over the course of months and then when somebody does something that from your perspective is unfair…well, it can derail you.

Hope that wasn’t me Akaoni. I had a fondness for early Ulm.

Thank you for the kind remembrance Kelan. If there were three of me, I would get back into dominions.

Can we get another 48 hour extension to this turn please? It seems a lot of different mechanics came into play this turn, and going through them all will need time.

It might be worth going to a 72-hour timer as well, for the same reason - as the goal of this game is understanding!

Next turn due: 04:52 GMT on Tuesday January 24th , and the timer is set to 75 hrs.

Can we get a 24 hour extension to this turn please?

Thanks!

Hosting postponed for qt3TeamGame by 24 hours. The game will now host at 05:54 GMT on Saturday January 28th.

Akaoni, may we please request another 24 hour extension?

Thank you, dear game-master.

Hosting postponed for qt3TeamGame by 24 hours. Next turn due: 22:30 GMT on Friday February 3rd

So, any news to pass along? Is everyone liking the map? Is there somethings that should be changed with it?

And any propaganda to tell? I used to weave a bit of truth into my propaganda - not MUCH mind you, but some.

Probably shouldn’t say much, but I know what you were like with the QTAnon game. So far, I’m liking the game. The map itself is fine. I can appreciate the intricacies of having the manage the chokepoints.

Oh, and Bogus did bogus things :p

Gentlemen, I am very sorry, but I’m going to have to withdraw. For definite this time :(

I’ve struggled on for a few more turns, but the time commitment is just too high for the little spare time I have.

Real life is just too busy, and set to get busier.

My sincere apologies.

Sorry to hear that psyanojim. @pyrhic, please let us know if you are available to take over for psyanojim.

BTW, should I postpone the turn? It looks mostly done…