The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

@Strato: with regards to the map, what did you(or anyone else) find wrong with it? I’m thinking that we might use the same map, but make a few alterations to it to correct the deficiencies people saw in it…one thing i was thinking of is drawing in some of the water (might mean that atlantis is no longer a viable choice though)…

WRII : im in

personally I think the map is fine, given that all maps have a deficiency: the advantage, in terms of a narrative, is that those that are returning to WRII will know the lie of the land, and plan accordingly.

I’d be loathe to reduce the water: it was pivotal to the last game, in many ways.

though I must add, I’m not ‘dug in’ on anything under discussion. :)

I must admit that I do like my gold while playing Dominions, but I will give the game and the rules a shot. You all seemed to really enjoy it.

Count me in if you need another.

You can count me in to WRII. Like I said @pyrhic you were able to identify the weakness with my nation in terms of the long snaky arrangement I had. It wouldn’t have taken much for someone to stealth in and basically cut off half my land and put me into some dire straits economy wise. As Caelum, I could at least fly in and potentially retake.

The only thing I really do ask is not the Dominions messaging system. The text editor makes life too difficult.

I want to play this one, probably not as the monkeys though. Been there, ate that banana.

Personally, I am ok with the map, and any messaging system. I am a bit leery of limiting the nations, since someone at the bottom of the pick list will probably not have a nation that he wants.

I would like to see if we can get some of the players of the current game in as well.

@Strato: ya, but nobody did that! So, it’s obviously not a problem! ;)

qt3teamgame - if the next turn doesn’t run before tomorrow (tuesday night), I’ll need a week’s extension until the following wedneday morning GMT - (going to Cabo for my cousin’s wedding).

It does not look like it will cycle anytime soon. Once it does (I assume you have your turn in already), I will postpone it till next weds morning GMT.

Have a great time in Cabo!

Pyrhic’s Wyld Magic Ryde II

500 years have passed since the ascension of Pyrhic to godhead over the Wylde Ryde. Whilst his attention to rafia work raised initial enthusiam, his matching wallpaper and star have waned. Ambitions are stirring in the kingdoms. Who will mount the hill of excitement?

Middle Age, with MA replacements for the EA choices. Same map (though with new sites/thrones etc).

(TNN) Eriu, Ys, and/or Man
(Yomi) Shinuyama
(Pangaea) Pangaea
(Tien Chi) Tien Chi
( Kailasa) Bandar Log
(Caelum) Caelum
(Atlantis) Atlantis
(Machaka) Machaka plus others tbc

pyrhic (tick)
strato (tick)
akaoni (tick)
evil steve (tick)
kelan (tick)
Pyperkub (tick)
BotBaddict (tick)
DireAussie (tick)

Expressions of interest welcome from old and new

I keep meaning to get back into dominions, but I’ll have to sit this one out. I’ll be without internet for most of the time between April and October.

I expect I’m in if there aren’t old guard to fill out the bracket

Hosting postponed for qt3TeamGame by 72 hours. The game will now host at 06:44 GMT on Wednesday March 1st.

@Pyperkub - let me know if you need more time.

Pyrhic’s Wyld Magic Ryde II

While we are waiting, I was wondering about thrones and victory conditions. I prefer quite a few thrones, because the unpredictable impacts they have on the nations and the world ( plagues healed, +1 scale, etc). Perhaps a mix of level 1, 2 and 3 thrones. For instance - 2 level three, six level two, and say ten level one.

I was also thinking about the victory conditions being 2/3 or 3/4 of the total number of thrones.

All right, ya’ll have tempted me! Sorry I faded out earlier - a case of burnout. But I’ll dip my toes back in the water I suppose.

Huzzah!

Akaoni, we originally had 5 level 3 thrones and, confusingly at the start for we all collectively forgot, they were not VPs. It was a hold 4 caps game.

I don’t really like thrones as victory conditions is that by their nature, the throne sites are already strategically important. When they’re game-winning conditions too, i just feel it tips their value too much. Split up, it encourages players to make more interesting decisions (reinforce the capital versus reinforce the throne, or is this throne worth the resources to try to capture, etc)…

…but i’m willing to defer to the other players if they feel otherwise or want to try something else…

I agree - a whole mess of smaller and bigger thrones could be good fun.

Ok, sounds like having a variety of thrones to spice things up, but the Victory condition is to take and hold (for one turn? more?) X number of capitals.

I like it, pyrhic brought up a good point.

I like divorcing thrones away from the victory too.

Made it, and the wedding in Cabo was a blast!