The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Pyrhic’s Wyld Magic Ryde II

500 years have passed since the ascension of Pyrhic to godhead over the Wylde Ryde. Whilst his attention to rafia work raised initial enthusiam, his matching wallpaper and star have waned. Ambitions are stirring in the kingdoms. Who will mount the hill of excitement?

Middle Age, with MA replacements for the EA choices. Same map (though with new sites/thrones etc).

(TNN) Eriu, Ys, and/or Man
(Yomi) Shinuyama
(Pangaea) Pangaea
(Tien Chi) Tien Chi
( Kailasa) Bandar Log
(Caelum) Caelum
(Atlantis) Atlantis
(Machaka) Machaka plus others tbc

pyrhic (tick)
strato (tick)
akaoni (tick)
evil steve (tick)
kelan (tick)
Pyperkub (tick)
BotBaddict (tick)
DireAussie (tick)

Expressions of interest welcome from old and new

I keep meaning to get back into dominions, but I’ll have to sit this one out. I’ll be without internet for most of the time between April and October.

I expect I’m in if there aren’t old guard to fill out the bracket

Hosting postponed for qt3TeamGame by 72 hours. The game will now host at 06:44 GMT on Wednesday March 1st.

@Pyperkub - let me know if you need more time.

Pyrhic’s Wyld Magic Ryde II

While we are waiting, I was wondering about thrones and victory conditions. I prefer quite a few thrones, because the unpredictable impacts they have on the nations and the world ( plagues healed, +1 scale, etc). Perhaps a mix of level 1, 2 and 3 thrones. For instance - 2 level three, six level two, and say ten level one.

I was also thinking about the victory conditions being 2/3 or 3/4 of the total number of thrones.

All right, ya’ll have tempted me! Sorry I faded out earlier - a case of burnout. But I’ll dip my toes back in the water I suppose.

Huzzah!

Akaoni, we originally had 5 level 3 thrones and, confusingly at the start for we all collectively forgot, they were not VPs. It was a hold 4 caps game.

I don’t really like thrones as victory conditions is that by their nature, the throne sites are already strategically important. When they’re game-winning conditions too, i just feel it tips their value too much. Split up, it encourages players to make more interesting decisions (reinforce the capital versus reinforce the throne, or is this throne worth the resources to try to capture, etc)…

…but i’m willing to defer to the other players if they feel otherwise or want to try something else…

I agree - a whole mess of smaller and bigger thrones could be good fun.

Ok, sounds like having a variety of thrones to spice things up, but the Victory condition is to take and hold (for one turn? more?) X number of capitals.

I like it, pyrhic brought up a good point.

I like divorcing thrones away from the victory too.

Made it, and the wedding in Cabo was a blast!

Awesome! Glad to hear it!

With the coming of March, questions arise. Nothing in the way of news or even odd comments have come out of the current game. Do the newbies like Dominions? Are the vets having fun? How are the battles going, if there are any a all? Does Pyperkub remember much, if anything, of Cabo?

And for Pyrhics WyldRyde II, we have seven of the nine ( you didn’t put Lanka -Xiabala up there). Figure we have victory conditions of holding half the capitals, and a mix of level 1, 2, and 3 thrones to spice things up. Evil_Steve probably has some idea as to how many of each type of throne- too many means starting positions might be bottled up, too few mean that the thrones are barely worth a mention.

Any idea when you plan on starting this up, Evil_Steve?

I have one!

Looking for clarification from the experts!

We are in a disciple team game with 4 on each team. Two of our disciples have lost their disciple in battle and they are each able to get a Call God command available for priests to call them back. Our pretender has the ability to Call Disciple to assist. I am the third disciple and I do not have any command to assist it appears.

Is this working as intended does anyone know? Only disciples can call their own disciple and the pretender is the only one that can assist in calling disciples, and not other disciple nations?

I am not an expert, but google is.Per the Wiki, your disciple should be able to assist.

Of note, in a Disciples game, both the Pretender (the captain) and the disciple can call back either one’s Pretender.

Any priest of your team has the order to call the disciple back
available. If more than one disciple/pretender is dead, you can tell
which you’re calling back because you have their names attached to the
order, i.e. Call God (DeadDisciple) and Call God (OtherDeadDisciple).

https://steamcommunity.com/app/259060/discussions/0/487870763306963137/

Thanks! I guess I will submit it to Illwinter to check as I don’t get this.

ok, now I’m curious… how did it happen?

Actually, i think this is working as intended…afaik, the logic is that the pretender and the priests of the pretender can work towards restoring themselves or any of the disciples(one to many) but the disciples and their own priests can only work to restore their pretender or their own disciple - i don’t believe disciples(or their priests) can work to restore other disciples.

iirc, the logic is that the disciples can’t worship each other, and can either work to restore their god or their disciple and the pretender can work to restore anyone that follows them…

Thanks, pyrhic. I think you are right.

Hmm, I forget on one and don’t want to reveal too much, but one was due to a mistake in movement, I believe. Things could get a bit more interesting once the pretenders come out in about 10 turns.