The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Alright, is everyone ok with the starting positions? If I recall correctly, the only problem we might have is if Ys starting in a one or two prov pool.

I have to admit, the choice of pretender names is interesting. By the name Hypocrite, I have to assume that Man did not go with the awake Tiwaz, and probably has something like an imprisoned fountain of blood, B9N9E9.

And I already fear Nic Cage…

I’m fine with my starting spot.

Im also fine with strato’s starting spot

Starting spot works for me

Unlikely! http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2610

Poor Perkins, his every move is going to be psycho-analysed until his ultimate goal is reached - to be killed first!

Starting spot ok by me…

Turn 2!

I have already begun second guessing my moves.

Just a reminder who’s who…

…also, a quick note that we’re officially declaring war on Shinuyama because they are clearly mongers of war! Who else would steal my mercs on the first round?! This was my world. These were my mercs. I clearly left them there for my descendant to have! And by seizing them, Shinuyama obviously is planning a campaign of wayward aggression towards us all!

Umm…you forgot one…only eight up there.

Wait, I need to get back into the paranoid state that is proper Dominions4. Ahem! CLEARLY you are league with Man. Why else would you neglect to list him as a potential adversary? Subtle manipulation of the thread contents means victory for you and your ally! I see it now, Eriu and Man, sharing Air and Nature magic! Sharing is caring! And there are unicorns involved! TOTAL ALLIANCE EXPOSED!

That would actually be a dangerous alliance!

I just copied Mr. Evil’s message…i think you should be able to discern just who is in league with whom…

And thus you missed the ominous phrase:

Special Guest Star: Dave Perkins as Man

TALES OF PERKINS PART 1

I recall a game with Perkins as Man when, for the whole game while wars were raged and nations came and went, Perkins sat on 3 provinces and 1 gem site. Every time a horde would gather on his borders, he’d roll out the crones with walkers and a couple of guys on donkeys, and merely request, in his polite way, to “sit this one out.”

Then one turn, he took four capitals and won.

Quick question for qtWyldeRyde2:

Diplomacy in this game is via in game message system only?

I have encountered a neighbor nation with my scout so I can now start sending them in game messages, correct?

I may or may not have encountered Man and about to send a private message, “We hereby declare war upon your unholy nation!” Or not…

Bit of an unfortunate surprise is coming across an indy commander (priest) with a skull talisman merrily summoning undead. Never seen it in all that I can recall. Thanks Dominions for showing me something new and unexpected.

personal diplo by in-game messaging only. you can also conduct your diplo here on the forum, but we might read it

Don’t want our guest star to stale on turn three, so…

Hosting postponed for qtWyldeRyde2 by 6 hours. The game will now host at 06:39 GMT on Tuesday March 28th.

And no, that is NOT an attempt to curry favor with He Who Must Be Eliminated First.

Would I lie?

Wait, what’s the turnaround on turns? 24 hours? Thanks for delaying!

p.s. I got the turn file 20 hours ago, and there’s already a need to extend the time? Is it on an 18 hour timer or something crazy?

The in-game messaging system is a horror show of awfulness. Once we make contact in game, why can’t we use Qt3’s messaging system? Pretty please.

This is one of the quirks of pyrhic’s WyldeRyde universe.It’s broadcast or in-game only. It makes diplomacy a bit tougher to manage…

The game is on a 24 hour timer, but it was less than 4 hours to go, and I was not sure when I would be back.