The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Alright, I need help here. I have the basics of the map made. Each side has 64 provinces to share, minus four for capitals and one for the throne. The map is shaped as I describe above, with three channels. In the middle, I have also placed a side canyon in the mountains where a magic rich province will be (think Roshan from Dota2).

However, I do not know photoshop, and a three year old with crayons possesses more artistic talent than I.

Does anyone know photoshop, and can populate the map with nice looking terrain? I can then take it and do the map move and province designating work. But right now it looks like crap.

I’m a graphic designer so Photoshop is my best friend! I’m quite busy this week but I could always take a look for you. I’ll probably just crib the standard Dom4 map style, it’s pretty and functional.

excellent, i have sent you a message.

Ok, geggis is hopefully going to be able to clean up my crayons.

Are the teams ready to start picking nations?

Want to see the map first ideally.

edit: even the crayon version or a rough sketch of terrain distribution (forest/water/mountain/grass etc) would be good enough

Red dots are thrones I believe, and the grey hexes are mountains.

Geggis, I believe we cannot see that image because it is pinging in your gmail.

Here is a jpg of the first step of the map. The green is the map (white stuff to be cropped). There are 2 faint dots,one in the NE and one in the SW, where the thrones will be. The grey in the middle is the impenetrable mountains.
Geggis, if I am lucky, will make this look much better than this, and spread a bunch of terrain around, equally on both sides of the mountains.

Ahha, I thought it was just me that had problems seeing that image.

I’ve had trouble in the last few days with embedded images, think it might have been my ISP doing something odd in response to all those DDoS attacks recently.

Sorry folks, was away from my computer last night and didn’t realise the image wouldn’t be visible!

Just a heads up, have talked to Geggis, and the map is progressing. I hope the teams are talking about…stuff?

Our team has opened communication but we’re waiting for the map and the final game parameters. Are we going ahead with win conditions? Holding 2 thrones seems like the game could be over pretty quickly. I’d prefer no victory conditions i.e. win by capitulation.

Pretty much where we are

We’re using the time to hack into the other team’s PMs, which we will then provide to Wikileaks.

Geggis tells me he plans on getting the map done this weekend. So we will probably be able to get the game started…just in time for a Holiday break…

This is Geggis’s map, which I love. Please check it out, and let me know if there are any issues. If none, I will apply the map features to it, and we will get started as soon as the teams are ready.

As for the discussion of victory conditions, its up to you guys. If you want it limited to holding both thrones, or if you want it differently, no worries.

Map looks incredible. Different terrain types are very clear. Looks fine to me.

Are those rivers going to mean blocked/water movement? And if so, will there be bridges?

I did wonder about that. I can make any necessary changes.

Good point. Also, @Akaoni are you going to then put in the single white pixels (and make sure there are no current ones in the graphics) and do the neighbor coding for the map file?

I’ll be sorting the white pixels.