The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Fare thee well psyanojim! I wasn’t looking forward to getting my ass kicked by you yet again… though I was looking forward to trying some new strategies in the hope that they could prevent the ass-kicking… I hope real life calms down soon.

By now, Pyrhic will have contacted the other members of Team One, and is probably refining Psyanojim’s existing plan to better fit his own way of driving his enemies before him, and hearing the lamentation of the newbies.

Since I have been trounced by pyrhic more than a few times in these games, I can say with some certainty that geggis, strato, and tylertoo probably had to go out and get top hats and monocles, and practice their evil laugh in front of a mirror while wearing those devices until pyrhic is happy. Such are the demands he places on a team.

With that being said, the turn will cycle late GMT time on Saturday. Let me know if more time is needed…

We have not heard from him. So perhaps through Sunday?

So, gentlemen (and ladies? Who knows on the internet?) I have to apologize. I have not heard from @pyrhic in a couple days now.

I can only assume that this means that Tien Chi’s Imperial Consort has already seduced and/or assassinated him, since he had no time to use the Guard Commander order. Sad, really.

I will give him a couple more days to shake off the lure and then we will try to get a replacement. Perhaps @Evil_Steve or @sharaleo, or other experienced players, such as @dfs ?

Thank you for your kind thoughts, but there is no way I could take this kind of thing on right new. My mom started hospice care this morning. It wasn’t a surprise or a shock, but I need to be very wary of where my time goes.

Apologies, got tied up with some stuff…anyways, all good now. However, I don’t have the .tga can someone send it? I assume I have the map, otherwise, if i could be pointed to or sent that, it would help.

Think i’ve found it, or at least, i pulled the one from the thread dated like nov 16…hopefully is the correct set…

y’know, y’all could be making this easier on me… :P

Sent you a message, but the files you want are up thread, in the Nov 2016 part, as dropbox files.

yup, got them. Quick convo with my team, then i’ll get my turn in - max 48 hours then we go with the regular cadence…which is…what?

i’m still chuckling at the thought of being an experienced player. must be my experience at losing

The game details -
Next turn due: 07:39 GMT on Tuesday February 14th
Hosting interval: 75 hours
Quickhost mode: On

Sorry to hear that, @dfs. Stay positive!

And yes, @Evil_Steve, you are experienced. I am still impressed by how well you did the craptastic pile of sushi that Early Age Ryleh is.

Thanks for the game-save Evil Steve!

I think you mean pyrhic, for I have done nought. i’m still waiting for wylde ryde II!

What is stopping you from trying to start Wylde Ryde II? Are you waiting for an invitation?

No, just waiting until the team game finishes up. I just thought that 2 games on the go might be a bit much for those interested. Shall I/we start a Wylde Ryde II up?

I think now is the perfect time to talk about the Wilde ryde game settings from last game. If I recall, it worked out really well, and the only thing I would add would be possibly more thrones.

That way we can have folks ready as soon as this one ends.

Can I get an extension, say 24 hours if it hasn’t expired yet?

I agree.

I was happy with everything except the map, and if I recall, I nominated the map, so that’s on me. Certainly, my starting position wasn’t great, and pyrhic indeed pointed out the flaw with my borders where I was a long, skinny nation bordered by water on either side mostly.

Part of the game concept was to encourage alternate strategies and smaller armies, but that never really happened did it? Well to a lesser extent anyway. I know I was getting the most out of my researchers by having them hold owl quills and skull mentors to push my research along, but I was also fielding large armies nonetheless.

I am interested. I don’t really recall all the game settings, but plan to join in whenever it gets going again.

If I recall, the game settings were max magic sites, lowest income and resources, and normal supply, with 15 HoF entries, graphs off. Gems for everyone. I know at one point I was at 200 water gems and burned them rapidly with summons that went underwater, and pyrhic managed to trap there as a fortunate side effect of the seas of ice global.

Diplomacy was only in-game, that’s right. Let’s not do that ever again!