100 supply
75 magic
common events
graphs off
story off
renaming on
3 province start
research normal
5 level 3 thrones (max I could pick), not necessary to win.

IN GAME COMMO ONLY

Win by seizing and holding 4 capitals (including your own).

the question for me is whether we stay in early age, or move up an age? would that be too tricky?

@Pyperkub - very sorry, I was feeling sick and slept for about 12 hours, did not see your post. It looks like Asphodel and TC both staled, so one each.

@strato - you might not have had an opportunity to experiment with alternate strategies, but @BotBaddict certainly ‘encouraged’ me. His TC blessed Ancestor Spirit parties, which had two mages spamming the spirits, a priest blessing them, and a couple footmen to guard them, rampaged all throughout my Bandar lands. I learned to counter with whatever I could scrape up, including witches, great eagles, and scattered archers. My initial plan of spamming out sacreds never got off the ground, since I need the astral gems for casting.

The in game commo only really crimped the diplomacy, that I totally agree on. I wouldn’t mind if that got dropped.

@Evil_Steve - I think early age fits the theme well, but dont mind if we move up an age.

And here I thought the diplomacy rules were awesome :)

i also, like pyrhic, thought the diplo rules were awesome :)

OK, how about this:

500 years have passed since Pyrhic ruled the Wylde Ryde. Legends of his reign have stirred ambitions in the kingdoms.

Middle Age, with MA replacements for the EA choices. Same map (though with new sites/thrones etc)

(TNN) Eriu or Ys
(Yomi) Shinuyama
(Pangaea) Pangaea
(Tien Chi) Tien Chi
( Kailasa) Bandar Log
( Lanka) Xibalba? - vote on this, there is no direct MA version. I’m thinking they flirted with demonic somethings
(Caelum) Caelum
(Atlantis) Atlantis
(Machaka) Machaka

Same settings as previous. Nation choice by lot.

Fuck. I did that turn and apparently forgot to email it. Shit.

But, I kilt a dragon, so ain’t all bad.

Killing a dragon is worth staling, IMHO.

As for WR II, any reason why you are limiting the nations to variants of what was played before? I think you are trying to develop a narrative with it? While thats cool, I would like to open it up to other nations as well, perhaps with the sole exception being Ashen Empire.

Strato had mentioned he didn’t like the map, and he had picked it out. It did channel some people, such as the starting point of Pan on that island.

And by lot I think you mean we randomly determine a pick order, and follow it, correct?

I was thinking we hold off till the game is done to see if we can lure some of the current players into WR II.

Yes, this is about creating a sense of narrative, hence the MA versions of the EA nations. I thought the nations were a pretty good mix. As for the map: well, yes it has problems, but we all know them a bit better (as part of the narrative).

The variation comes in randomly determining a pick order.

I like the way steve is going with this (apart from 500 years, cmon, i’m a god now!?)

Lanka is part of the Kailasa mythology so they blend into Bandar…

Maybe use TNN as the wildcard a bit, since they won - and they splintered into Man, Eriu and Ys and all 3 are options?

Whose all in? Maybe we get a role call and then let’s see what kind of map we need?

WRII: I’m in (obvs) :)

@Strato: with regards to the map, what did you(or anyone else) find wrong with it? I’m thinking that we might use the same map, but make a few alterations to it to correct the deficiencies people saw in it…one thing i was thinking of is drawing in some of the water (might mean that atlantis is no longer a viable choice though)…

WRII : im in

personally I think the map is fine, given that all maps have a deficiency: the advantage, in terms of a narrative, is that those that are returning to WRII will know the lie of the land, and plan accordingly.

I’d be loathe to reduce the water: it was pivotal to the last game, in many ways.

though I must add, I’m not ‘dug in’ on anything under discussion. :)

I must admit that I do like my gold while playing Dominions, but I will give the game and the rules a shot. You all seemed to really enjoy it.

Count me in if you need another.

You can count me in to WRII. Like I said @pyrhic you were able to identify the weakness with my nation in terms of the long snaky arrangement I had. It wouldn’t have taken much for someone to stealth in and basically cut off half my land and put me into some dire straits economy wise. As Caelum, I could at least fly in and potentially retake.

The only thing I really do ask is not the Dominions messaging system. The text editor makes life too difficult.

I want to play this one, probably not as the monkeys though. Been there, ate that banana.

Personally, I am ok with the map, and any messaging system. I am a bit leery of limiting the nations, since someone at the bottom of the pick list will probably not have a nation that he wants.

I would like to see if we can get some of the players of the current game in as well.

@Strato: ya, but nobody did that! So, it’s obviously not a problem! ;)

qt3teamgame - if the next turn doesn’t run before tomorrow (tuesday night), I’ll need a week’s extension until the following wedneday morning GMT - (going to Cabo for my cousin’s wedding).

It does not look like it will cycle anytime soon. Once it does (I assume you have your turn in already), I will postpone it till next weds morning GMT.

Have a great time in Cabo!

Pyrhic’s Wyld Magic Ryde II

500 years have passed since the ascension of Pyrhic to godhead over the Wylde Ryde. Whilst his attention to rafia work raised initial enthusiam, his matching wallpaper and star have waned. Ambitions are stirring in the kingdoms. Who will mount the hill of excitement?

Middle Age, with MA replacements for the EA choices. Same map (though with new sites/thrones etc).

(TNN) Eriu, Ys, and/or Man
(Yomi) Shinuyama
(Pangaea) Pangaea
(Tien Chi) Tien Chi
( Kailasa) Bandar Log
(Caelum) Caelum
(Atlantis) Atlantis
(Machaka) Machaka plus others tbc

pyrhic (tick)
strato (tick)
akaoni (tick)
evil steve (tick)