The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Thinking Lanka would move better to Nazca (merging with the Caelumites on our border) or Mictlan than Xibalba - thoughts?

I like that idea!

Hmm, I’d like to take beluski’s EA race- Pan.

And yes, Lanka -> Nazca is better than Xibalba.

ok, approved the dire aussie/akaoni ‘trade’, and lanka = nazca. any other WRIs wanna stay with an MA version of their EA sweet self?

You are welcome to Pan. I’m tempted to play, but don’t know if I have the time right now. Plus, I can hold my own in the early game, but am way out of my league in mid to late game. If only I was retired and could commit to getting good at this game.

Have fun!

What’s WRI?

WRI is short for Wylde Ryde I, a version that pyrhic came up with. Max out the magic sites, and halve the gold and resources. It forces a different game, and different strategies.

@belouski , thanks ! Did not know that you were still around. Now I have to figure out what to do with the nation.

you know what Perkins, if you were to commit to playing MAN, i’d buy you Dom4 :)

@Evil_Steve, that would be too kind. :)

I’m ok with TC again. Will have to come up with a new strategery though - no ancestor spirits in this new era!

I apologize in advance if I put up a miserable performance - I’m pretty rusty, and have always been horrible at the mid-late game.

I’m off to brush up on my Pantokrator-impersonating skills!

as is usual with your supremely veiled DOM diplo skills, I can’t tell if that is a yes or a no :)

Even I cannot tell!

Brilliant!

Everytime, Dave. Everytime you make DOM eyes at me, I can’t help feeling I’m going to lose my capital next turn.

Are you in or out? If you’re in, we can move to the next stage. Working out your Dom4 ‘technical’ issue, and putting the squeeze on Ron!

@Evil_Steve, unless you are independently wealthy and looking for reasons to spend money, perhaps to avoid an inheritance tax or something, then I do not want you to buy Dom4 for me, but I thank you and it made my day that you thought of me.

@Dave_Perkins, you better start learning Dominions 4. Here is a picture of @Evil_Steve in one of his six homes:

Despite Akaoni’s attempts to dress up my structural poverty, I am not independently wealthy in a fiscal sense. However, I do live in a city where even the act of leaving the house automatically denudes the wallet. So the question is not so much an avoidance of inheritance tax, but rather what am I getting for this dollar note? Let me think about it: two bottles of plonk?; or Dave “Kill me first” Perkins playing Man for x months for the first time in YEARS. I confess, I may have had a couple of beers when I made the offer, but now that it’s out there…winking in the sun…

However, I realise the discomfort, and I tactfully withdraw the shiny offer, glistening in its dappled glory, like the Star of India…

;)

Sorry that I haven’t been around that much this week to comment, a bit of real life surged in…and tore my hamstring…ugh. For all the ‘hamstring’ effects i’ve seen through ages of videogames, none of them do the real injury justice…ugh again. anyways…

my thought originally was that we wouldn’t necessarily be limited to our prior nations, and that we’d be able to select (maybe in reverse order of success (ie, i go last)) nations from the pool. That way if bandar was available still, and akaoni was picking, then he could choose it, or go with another nation left in the pool I also was thinking that the TNN branch should allow for any/all of the nations to be selected, so Eriu, Ys and Man could be in play - representing some sort of factioning that occurred at some point after the TNN victory.

However, my comments are a little late to the party, and if we want to just keep going on this current tangent, i’m happy with that too - i just dont want anyone to feel like they have to play a nation they’d rather not…

But… Man needs @Dave_Perkins!

Even though Dom 4 is a value at darn near any price for many of us, $35 isn’t quite an impulse purchase most times. I know it has been on a good sale quite a few times and that would warrant an instant gifting maybe :).

Let me do some digging. I may have a way to get a key so keep a spot warm for Dave if he is interested in playing.

@Akaoni could you please give me a 4 hour extension for our qt3TeamGame?

Thanks!