The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

OK WRII troops, the window for an MA upgrade of your EA nation is closing.

pyrhic ---------- ?
evil steve-------- Shinuyama
botbaddict-------- Tien Chi
akaoni ----------- Pangaea
strato-------------- ?
direaussie---------- Bandar Log
pyperkub----------- Nazca
Kelan------------ Caelum
Dave Perkins----------- Man

WITH SPECIAL GUEST STAR DAVE “KILL ME FIRST” PERKINS AS MAN

The remaining nations in the pot are: Eriu, Ys, Kailasa, Atlantis.

Please select a nation, remaining 2, in the spirit of haggling, and with a view that MAN MAY BE PERKINED.
Also, feel free to suggest additions to the pot.

When we’ve done our selections, I’ll see if we can grab a couple of newbies to round it out?

Hosting postponed for the team game by six hours. It will now host early Wednesday GMT.

Anyone know what factors go into a hero showing up? Is it luck or some scale, or just random?

It always used to be based on Luck scale, and each level of Luck would increase the chance. I am pretty sure I am remembering from Dom 3, but don’t see why it wouldn’t be the same in Dom 4.

I would consider giving Caelum a shot if they are still open for WRII.

I’m in as Man.

Thanks, @Kelan! And also @Evil_Steve for having put the idea in his head.

The universe is right again! Glad to help.

“Father, where were you when the nation was Perkenized?”
The grizzled vet did not answer at first, watching the dust shiver and fall from the rafters in slow spurts. He guessed the Tartarian was only a few bowshots away now.
“I was a scout, son. I watched as the longbowmen marched out for battle, and the unicorns danced. Our shields were facing the south, against another foe that Man had turned against us. I tried to warn them…”
He looked up. The boy was staring up at the door, mouth open, face white. The smell of saffron filled his nose. He leaned back.
“I’m retired, Mother.” Might as well try, he thought.
“Come with me.” The voice was calm, lilting, and full of threat.
“Good bye, son.” The words came out easier now that the waiting was over.

I’ll go with Nazca.

thanks to everyone for making the dave perkins dream come true.

@gruntled : are you in now?

The tomb lay open, and the warriors who had lifted the lid barely set it down before several of them were retching and stumbling away. A priest, her hand pressing a cloth to her lips and nose, approached the opening. With a spasmodic lurch, she dashed a glass vial against the interior of the tomb. Grey liquid splattered the walls and the dark rectangle beneath.

A moment later, the priest’s robe fluttered as a fetid gas burst from the tomb. She fainted, collapsing in a heap. The warriors stepped back, trembling.

A bony arm extended from the tomb’s depths, the thumb of its hand pressed against its palm, the fingers extended straight into the air, spread like feathers. Four.

I’ll play as Ys. Seems somewhat sensible given the outcome of the last game. Atlantis was mostly destroyed, right?

In saying that, if pyrhic wants the underwater spot, I’ll take the remaining land nation (Eriu).

Sorry - not a ghost of a chance until summer, at least.

Luckily I said “I might have to dust it off”…

I guess that settles it, I’ll take eriu.

Pyrhic’s Wyld Magic Ryde II

500 years have passed since the ascension of Pyrhic to godhead over the Wylde Ryde. Whilst his attention to raffia work raised initial enthusiam, his matching wallpaper and star have waned. Ambitions are stirring in the kingdoms. Who will mount the hill of excitement?

Middle Age
Peliwyr ver 1.3
50 gold
50 resources
100 supply
75 magic
common events
graphs off
story off
renaming on
3 province start
research normal
Thrones: 8 level one, 4 level two, and 2 level three, not necessary to win.

IN GAME COMM (PRIVATE) COMBINED WITH FORUM (PUBLIC) ONLY

Win by seizing and holding 4 capitals (including your own).

pyrhic ---------- Eriu
evil steve-------- Shinuyama
botbaddict-------- Tien Chi
akaoni ----------- Pangaea
strato-------------- Ys
direaussie---------- Bandar Log
pyperkub----------- Nazca
Kelan------------ Caelum

Special Guest Star: Dave Perkins as Man

well we could hold it till May…

In regards to the commo between players - I propose in game or in public on this forum (no PMs). That way we can do our propaganda, see the Lich of Man dust off his dipolmacy skills, and sort of compensate for the lack of graphs.

As for thrones: say 8 level one, 4 level two, and 2 level three? That should have a good scattering of them…

Could someone please post a link to the proper version of the map for the new Wyld Ryde II game?

Arrgh, tired. I think the link there will do it, even though the page title is for a total conversion mod. But that should be the latest and greatest version of the map.