The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Awesome. Thank you.

are we all happy with the settings and rules etc for WRII?

I am following along this time so I am good with what you all decide.

I started doing some testing last night.

Looks good to me.

Looks good to me as well.

Yup yup

I’m not sure where to put the map files now that I’m using a Mac. I used Finder to search for “dominions” and “dom4” but to no avail. Anyone have a suggestion?

I figured it out with the GOOGLE. Pretty awkward!

slow clap

So, I see the instilling of a false sense of security has already begun! Oh, don’t worry about that guy playing Man, he’s so rusty he cannot even install the game!

HA! I will not be lulled into complacency! Maybe with a nice IPA, but… No!

Nice try, though.

I don’t even remember how to join a game!

Isn’t there a rule about killing Perkins first? At some point I need to find the old Dom threads and read more about this legend.

Also, one question, if the game puts me (Ys) in one of the smaller 2-3 province bodies of water, do we do-over, or do I fight to try and remain alive. At the very least, being underwater does keep me relatively safe from Perkins for a little extra longer.

on the delicate note of administering the game on Llamaserver, I was wishing to ask for a volunteer, as I’m not sure I’ll be razor sharp enough with last minute requests to delay the turn…

any kind person? Obviously not Perkins, as he’s still putting his drivers into high memory.

@Strato - I have no problems with doing a do over if you are in a bind on start up, it is pretty important and llamaserver has a process where we dont all have to reload our pretenders. However, I hope that wont be the case, because we will each start with 3 provinces. Maybe they all have to be water? Not sure.

@Evil_Steve - I can do the administering, and will give out the master password to a couple other of us players (ideally on the Oz side of the world) so we have 24/7 coverage. I think we have US, Oz, and European players.

Brilliant, thanks Akaoni. Happy to share the load for the Oz side.

I literally forgot that before the game starts, we have to “create a Pretender”.

All hail Perkins, Forgetter of Everything, Begotten of the Void.

Inferring from your titles, I assume you are going Astral and Death.

Any idea when I should set up the server? Not sure how far along people are with their nations.

You should infer from my titles that I’m full of crap.

Yes, when were we thinking of starting? I’m ready whenever, but will have to brush up on llamaserver procedures too…

May as well get the game running now, then people can upload as they see fit.

I’m thinking we might want to tone done the thrones some. In the first version we have 5, which i thought was generally fine - but in testing with more I’ve seen some oddities that we might want to think about. For instance, i just had a game where 2 thrones were bordering my capital - which is awesome cause one was a simple level 1 throne which i took on turn 2, and the other was a level 3 which blocked one of my two egresses and wasnt going to fall anytime soon…

I was also thinking that we might want to go with level 2 and 3 thrones only - the level ones might cause too much imbalance as they can generally be quickly overpowered and can be a significant boost to which nations they’re close to. My suggestion might go with 9 thrones five 2s and four 3s…but i havent tested this yet. Another possibility if you still want to go with lots of thrones is make them all level 1s except for maybe a few 2s. That might assure that everyone should have some proximity to an easy throne…

Finally, whatever we decide with the thrones, you might want to set the victory condition as the full +1 throne points instead of 0 - or did they fix the bug with the 0 throne conditions ending sometimes prematurely?

Original WR had only level 3 thrones if I recall? I’d rather just a small number of level 3, especially given the small armies that we are fielding.