The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

That’s really great. Thank you!

And it’s also great to be playing Dominions with you again, @pyrhic and @Evil_Steve. :)

Guys, I just noticed something. The llamaserver did not like the way I set up the thrones, so we have six level one thrones instead of five level 3. Not sure how I messed that one up…

Anyways, I am fine with continuing to play on, and I assume everyone else is? We could restart, but considering what a trivial deal it is…

I’m fine with this as long as the victory conditions are correct i.e. someone won’t accidentally win because required throne points is set to 3 for example.

I’d say 48 and quickhost. Much like Dave, I almost missed that one and I’m usually pretty quick on the uptake on turns…

It’s 6, so I think someone would have to own all 6 thrones. Probably about equivalent to 4 caps.

Hmmm, I wouldn’t mind a restart with the level 3 thrones, since we’re early in the game. But I’ll go with the consensus…

Yeah let’s restart so that @kelan has to give his Robe back to the Fortune gods! :P

I don’t even know what thrones really do, but I’d rather not start over.

I am going completely from memory here, but I seem to recall setting level 3 thrones to a quantity of 2 and setting the slider bar to the middle so perhaps you can only set up to 4 max level 3 thrones in a game? I am not home to check, though.

I would rather not restart myself, and not completely just because of the Robe ;).

Please make the timer longer than 24 hours. I am definitely not going to be able to keep to a 24 hour schedule on most turns.

hosting change to 48 hours.

there was a message from Llamaserver:

“Perkins attempted to kill our in-game communication system! We declare war on his unholy nation!”

i’m torn on the throne issue, so could vote either way: restart or continue

If I am not mistaken, I think the general consensus is that we can continue. We just have to realize that if anyone takes all six level1 thrones, they will win by default. So, castle up!

I’m fine with starting over. If we continue, it’s ok too. Admittedly, I’m not keen on this observation:

We just have to realize that if anyone takes all six level1 thrones, they will win by default.

In saying that, generally speaking thrones are defended heavily anyway, so can well be a moot point. Also don’t want Kelan’s good fortune to be rendered useless.

Like Evil Steve, I’m torn. Does that make me evil too?

I could go either way, but don’t think there’s reason to restart. The thrones will be much easier to capture and will have much more limited impact which will emphasize the importance of the random sites(which i think is ok). My preference for not starting is more about chancing a good start condition and distribution again…

Assuming we continue with the game, the only thing we need to decide on is whether the all throne capture is a valid win condition or not. If it’s not valid, then it’s just all our responsibility to ensure that a single person doesn’t capture all thrones - which would mean that if there was a single owner of 5 thrones, they would be prohibited from taking/attacking the sixth throne.

Since i think taking the 6 thrones would be easier than holding 4 capitals, i’d lean towards the throne win being non-valid, but i could go either way…

As I understand it, the game will end and automatically declare whomever holds all six thrones. That’s based on the “Need six points to win” notation in the Thrones screen. Its frankly out of our hands on that point.

Hence my comment that we will need to fortify the thrones later in the game to prevent cloud trapeezing Mannite Tartarians seizing all six thrones in one turn.

I am fine with just going by the honor system in that if you own 5 thrones, just don’t attack the 6th and we can stick with the original planned win condition.

I with with @pyrhic that I am more concerned about the start than my robe to be honest right now.

Yeah, I am happy with my start as well. No Robe, but then again, my luck scales have some time to grant me that Ring of Wizardry…but not too much time!

added 24hrs to timer as 2ppl aren’t in yet and only a few hours left

Thanks, was off skiing and forgot to ask for the extension, tho I’ll get my turn in before the initial deadline.

Uh, I have been contacted by Man, and he wishes to parley. This is a trap, right? I mean, if I respond, I lose, right?