The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

You should still be able to open the turn and read messages/see what happened.

Ah okay. I didn’t see that I was sent a turn, though.

@Dave_Perkins - do you also get an email saying you have 12 hours till the turn hosts? Gmail might have re-started sending it all to spam or some other folder…

And nothing happened with Eriu and Pan, Pan was just trying to get Eriu to explain his statement a bit more. Nothing to see here, move along… these are not the droids you are looking for…

Edit:
You do know how to look at the status of the game on llamaserver, right?
This link the game

Requesting a one day extension for the team game, got half a turn finished at work and was hoping to finish it there.

Hosting postponed for qt3TeamGame by 24 hours. The game will now host at 23:44 GMT on Monday April 10th.

qtWyldeRyde2

Caelum and Man @Kelan and @Dave_Perkins - you guys have less than 20 hours to the next host. Did you get your turns emailed to you?

I think so. I haven’t opened a laptop in 48 hours. :)

Yep, I am good. I did most of my turn earlier today and going to try to finish it up now.

clearly an example of COLLUSION between Caelum and Man…

I was just in the middle of doing my turn, even though I don’t have time to do this today, when the turn hosted. I’m sorry, guys. That was super discouraging, to have written messages, taken notes, recruited, all that, only to have the turn host right as I was about to finish. Would it be okay if I just set my nation to AI at this point? I don’t have the time that this game requires, clearly, and after this, I also don’t have the heart.

I think we can revert? Ugh, I am sorry Dave. I normally watch that stuff closer to add time, but haven’t tried for this game so far.

I am good with 48 hours if you think that would help, otherwise if you think 2-3 days is still hard to get turns in with your schedule, I understand.

EDIT: Also, please don’t AI without checking with game admin as subs are always way better! :)

I appreciate the chance to revert, but I am chronically late because I just don’t have time to play, and it’s only going to get way, way worse (unless I am killed first after all!). I do love Dominions and want to play, but I can’t keep up. I could play one turn a week, basically, and that’s crazy.

I haven’t set myself to AI, so a sub would be possible.

Sorry to hear about this turn of events, but I can sympathize. Plenty of times I have had time for a quick turn only; I imagine as a professor, time is a precious commodity.

I guess we need to hear from the Steve that is Evil.

that’s a shame, Dave, but understandable. what do you all think? find a sub? or restart?

I’d probably go a restart, as i’ve made agreements with everyone (well not quite - rhetoric) except Man on the basis that Man Has To Be Killed First.

But I’m not strung out on that course, neccessarily.

I vote restart, since it’s only turn 10.

If we restart, we could just go with the number of players left so we could start again right away.

I will let you guys decide on restart, but if we do restart, I may have to disclose a few things ;). I won’t yet, though.

From my perspective, there’s no harm in restarting with regards to my nation. I don’t think there was a lot of intelligence shared around, well, beyond me failing badly. I’m sure those indy’s got stronger every time I played this particular game.

I was off to a pretty good start (better than the first wylderyde for sure), I think, but I can go with a restart I guess.

Planning game: qtWyldeRyde2andAhalf
game link
Pretenders so far: 0
Max pretenders: 8
Map: Peliwyr v1.3
Mods: None
Middle Age
Score graphs off
Hall of fame size 15
Research on Standard
Magic site frequency 75
Gold multiplier 50
Resources multiplier 50
Story events off
Renaming on
Starting provinces 3
Ascension points required for victory: 16
Number of level 1 thrones: 0
Number of level 2 thrones: 0
Number of level 3 thrones: 5
All other settings on default
Game will start as soon as all pretenders are in.

Ya, this seems best, and at least the thrones can be right now :)

Yeah, that was my biggest issue, but that is okay. I was up to 18 provinces and my 3rd fort being built with some more provinces I could get 2/turn for a bit still and that was with one event where I had to retake one. I had a very fortunate start and no way I can repeat that, but it was fun.

My pretender is going in now.