The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Sorry guys! Enjoy the restart. :)

I have to admit I’m relieved for a restart…I started in a swamp, surrounded by lamias and heavy cavalry. The indies killed two of my armies…Not my best start ever…:P

18 provinces wow! Bugger a ‘restart’, may as well declare you the victor and begin a new game!

I’m okay with a restart. Hopefully I get more magic sites and better events this time.

I thought i was doing well - 9 or 10 provinces, a hero, a couple of events and a series of sites. By my view of it, TC was in a bit of a pickle, and while I didn’t guess that Caelum was up to 18, i could see both the north and south sides of his domain and knew he was off to the races.

I had an average start, but was getting comfortable. I was also in awe of caelum’s ‘man-spread’

EA Xibalba was probably the best game I ever played when I won here with their crazy low resource troops you can mass along with map move 3 flying which make for some incredible opportunities. I used to hate what could be looked at as poor troops, but masses of cheap flyers can really do some damage.

I thought I was going to hate MA Caelum, but they aren’t too bad even though the resource reduction hurts a lot in this game. I was fortunate to get a high income farm province as part of my initial 3 and lots of indies nearby that my troops could handle.

I have shut down the original WR2.

I had a pretty good start, and had several scouts in place to watch the slugfest between Man and Shinuyama. One thing that was annoying with my start was the number of provinces with probable brigands sites - 2 or 3 with high unrest, requiring me to spend gold on harpy patrollers early. Of course, they could have been Man’s monks, or Imperial Consorts…

I thought I’d be fighting with TC over the throne right next to my cap. In fact, there were more than a few moments when I had to decide if it was worth risking another battle to try and grab it after losing first time round. The first time around, I did well killing off half the heavy cav (with magic support) but the militia swung around and their numbers swarmed my troops. I lost more expensive troops retreating than I did from the fight.

Thanks for being such good sports about me dropping out. I should have guessed that I would not have time. I got caught up in the pageantry, and @kelan got me a copy of the game, and the rest is history.

If we start another in the summer, I’m in!

We’ll track you down, Perkins. You ain’t getting off that lightly, not with that free copy ;)

Hate to do this, but I’d like to to petition for a restart based on untenable starting position. I’ve sent the details to akaoni and i’ll abide with whatever decision he makes.

Dude, its not me running the show, its @Evil_Steve ! I merely hit the right buttons.

meh, whatever, sent to both of you :P

now, ADJUDICATE!

restart!

Has the restart happened? I’ve only got a turn file from when the game started I suspect.

not yet. waiting on my buttoner @Akaoni

I didn’t even check mine, but maybe that is a good thing :).

Geez, that was a bad starting position. So, after my beauty sleep, I have re created WR2!

Planning game: qtWyldeRyde2again
game link
Pretenders so far: 0
Max pretenders: 8
Map: Peliwyr (v1.3)
Mods: None
Middle Age
Score graphs off
Hall of fame size 15
Research on Standard
Magic site frequency 75
Gold multiplier 50
Resources multiplier 50
Story events off
Renaming on
Starting provinces 3
Ascension points required for victory: 16
Number of level 1 thrones: 0
Number of level 2 thrones: 0
Number of level 3 thrones: 5
All other settings on default
Game will start as soon as all pretenders are in.

Do we really need to resubmit pretenders? Arrgh.

:Yes, sorry. To make it easier, i’ve listed the steps below

• Open your browser (one click)
  • type in your email vendor of choice (1-50 keystrokes, depending on your security settings)
  • click on the login prompt (one click)
  • enter your user name (1-50 keystrokes, depending on your security settings
  • click on the password prompt (one click, or keystroke)
  • enter your password (1-50 keystrokes, depending on your security settings)
  • click compose new message (one click)
  • click the to box (one click)
  • enter [email protected] (1-26 keystrokes, depending on your security settings)
  • click the subject field (one click)
  • enter qtWyldeRyde2again (2 clicks or 16 keystrokes, depending on your style)
  • click attachment (one click)
  • find your pretender (2-50 clicks, depending on your style)
  • click send (one click)

I think for me, i did it with 12 clicks and about 20-odd keystrokes, ymmv. It wasn’t so bad for me, worse things happen at sea…

c’mon, only 3 more entries let’s go!!!