The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Gah! There are people all too close to me!

Also, the delays make it really dangerous while expanding. I figure one direction must be good with people so close the other way and sometimes it doesn’t work that way.

What delays are you talking about?

And based on pyrhic’s lamentations, hes got neighbors as well.

Just the delays in communication. Dang messengers take a month to deliver a message and then one more month to get any response.

And here I was feeling lonely that I was not finding anyone…then I opened the turn!

We have our new Perkins!

I’ll take that as a compliment!

Gave Nazca an extra 24 hours…

Admittedly, I’m generally pretty lazy with messaging. I’ve spied 3 neighbours and a Pretender and never said a word yet. Figure borders will be sorted out in good time.

Thanks. I had done my turn but forgot to send it in. D’oh!

Just encountered some weirdness. Tried to see what troops I could recruit from a province (one of the many hundreds I own, you know. Its tough to keep up).

No commanders or troops showed in the screen. Huh? Never seen that before. So I looked at the PD. It showed a centaur commander…and triton troops. In a land province. So, a worthless province to recruit from…

I also received a random madman commander the same turn! My luck scales are truly working overtime!

I too have experienced some weirdness: anyone else? Is the game a little corrupted?

Would map files have anything to do with it? I did notice that it let me use an old version of the map when I first played on the old game before I updated it.

um…updated map file? who put what in the who now?

I didn’t notice anything when I did my turn yesterday.

Also, I hate Horse Tribe Cavalry! Get out of my lands!

Only going off recollection here:

You’d want the map file if you want to practice on the map. But for a llamaserver game, all you need is the image of the map (ie: the graphics) so you can actually see at a glance of what is where. The server hosts the map file.

ok, well let’s keep going, but any more triton troops on land and we’ll have to revisit?

Hosting postponed for qtWyldeRyde2andAhalf by 24 hours. The game will now host at 15:20 GMT on Thursday April 20th.

This is for Bandar and Nazca.

I am fine with the 24hrs and dont mind one province of mine being weird, as well as Evil_Steves. Hopefully its not wide spread more than that.

28 hours would be nice. Sometimes I am home at 8pm to do a turn, but next night not home until 11pm.

I keep switching over to my turn in the team game and forgetting to submit my wyldryde turn. D’oh!

I’ve set the wylderyde timer to 72hours as I’ve gotta go away for 36hours: it’ll quickhost as soon as I gets me turn in, but just in case. with apologies