The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Hey, that sounds kinda fun. Gives an incentive to send a hero to claim the dough! What do we set the pot at…50 clams per entry?

I was thinking 50 would be a nice number. A decent commander can be expensive enough. I think it is fair though if someone wants to enter a deathmatch but not partake in the pool, they can. If such a player were to win, then no one has to pay - ie: the pot is open only to those participants.

The second thing is communication - in-game messaging to announce to all players the declaration of entry means no one knows how big the pool will be. I’m leaning to that idea rather than use this thread.

I’m not sure if I did @DireAussie a favour or not killing off his commander in that fight.

Haha, yeah he was a bit of a throwaway being mute! Unfortunately even precision 15 wasn’t enough for a direct hit.

ok, so how about we use the forum for a $pot challenge next arena? everyone can stake their claim to the next pot! oh, hang on, i didn’t see the objection. does it matter about knowing the size of the pot?

Not really. Just need to work it out, think it out, that sort of thing.

The only thing worse than the middle era is the late era…omg, so dull.

Upside though, so long as law of averages holds, someone out there has to have some magic sites…

thems fighting words, pyrhic!

I say we make the Arena Pot worth 100 smackers each, and name it Pyrhic’s Victory, after our ex-God. Entry into arena = acceptance of gold coingae entry fee and prize.

The Harpy News Network and its affiliate Bird Brained Communications note that peace has settled among the many lands, with only the Throne indies being left. Sure, there are a couple handfuls of Knights or Heavy Calvary, but everyone now has their borders fairly well defined.

Who will start the invasions? Any volunteers?

And I have to agree with @pyrhic, Early Age with the numerous creatures and swimming in gems is much more fun than Late Age.

Is this being suggested for WyldeRyde 2?

you mean, invasions? sure, why not?

“Is this being suggested for WyldeRyde 2?”

yes, it is

No - the Arena pot ;)

I think we should do the arena pot. After all, it is just personal betting amongst a small group of individuals to spice up a random game event. There doesn’t appear to be any objections to it.

I will say that I don’t like this: [quote=“Evil_Steve, post:3809, topic:74012”]
Entry into arena = acceptance of gold coingae entry fee and prize.
[/quote]

Anyone should be free to enter, the pot is only open to those who contribute. If the winner of the arena isn’t a contributor, then no one parts with their gold. And yes, let’s make the intention to enter on this forum rather than in-game. Smack-talk is something I’m sure any spectators would love to witness.

Yeah, people might be using their gold for something else.

i don’t mind: i was just thinking along the lines of how I’d play it: competing with people who’ve bet gold? nah, I won’t waste my time or a dude; competing with people who’ve bet gold? sure I’m gonna kit out a doozy for those 500 smackers.

Hence entry = automatic contribution to pot. Nice and easy, no need to post a caveat. Plenty of space for smackdowns instead.

{this is posted with the assumption that what one usually wins in the arena is generally not much chop}

Im with strato - participation shouldnt be assumed and should be expressed(in thread). For instance someone might want to participate but lacks the funds. Additionally, i’m not sure how you could make such a thing binding at all (oops, sorry havent been reading the forums).

Besides, i think the former is better anyways - and theoretically could lead to even higher stakes and more fun (in the upcoming tournament, Eriu is so confident in its supremacy that it will stake 100g on its champion…as an example…)

Probably all moot anyways, as we’ll probably not see another event with all this planning about one…

Meh, fighting over a sword bestowed upon you by some watery tart and a few coins is not my cup of tea. Some random very high level item, that would be better.

Anyways, that is not what I came here to say. I came here to observe that Nazca MIGHT have acquired some Tien Chi provinces. Because I could swear Pan shared a border with a TC province that is now Nazca…

Or maybe its the Scotch.

I had a mean idea last night of using wind ride to carry enemy commanders to me and making them drown. Then I see now that I can not actually use this spell underwater. My day is ruined!

Well, maybe invasions too. Maybe.

Ha! Pyperkub, you naughty boy! Stealing provinces from your neighbors…not so nice!

I have a free Dwarven Hammer for the first nation that takes advantage of Nazca’s unwise foray into my territory, to perhaps enlarge their own empire at Nazca’s expense. Mayhap I have multiple hammers to distribute, should several nations wish to benefit. Message me in-game to coordinate! Further goodies on offer in later turns as well!

;D

-TC