The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

All this talk of scotch and war makes me…

want some scotch!

A nice peaty blend from the bogs around TC maybe?

I’ve tried the dusky, dank, and boggy stuff and I find I prefer the stuff from the highlands…

Wow. Ethereal, undead, amphibean, Attack 16 and Defense 17, Encumbrance 0, magic damage weapons… Supayas are awesome! No wonder Nazca took out 25 PD and some other 30 odd troops with minimal losses. Tien Chi is under siege!

Oh, and they are storm immune, which should interest someone else who has been playing with Spring Hawks lately…

who hasn’t been playing with spring hawks lately? The damn things breed like spring…bunnies…apparently

Also, i should say, given the poor economic climate facing the world today, the stealthy thuggy horsey armies of eriu are currently unemployed and seeking gainful employment for even more gainful compensation. Sugar daddies can post their ardor publicly here, or privately via the computer program thingy.

Those four words are a mouthful arent they?

Stealthy;

Thuggy;

Horsey;

Armys.

Also, speaking of it, the kentucky derby is this weekend. So, if you were curious about how you would quickly you get a message to someone a mile and a quarter away, and you had no phones, wires, internet, wifi, computers, electricity, cars, motors, fire, sound or sight…but did have a highly trained and (stealthily) steroided horse and rider, and you only needed to get the message to the person right beside you, but otherwise around some elaborate debris forming a circular pattern that caused a one a quarter mile detour, but otherwise left the course unimpaired…well, you can find that out soon.

Hate to reply to myself, but imagine how awesome it would be if they changed the derby? Instead of kentucky, they could run the horses through a street course in chicago or south central LA. And instead of nothing, they put like 100k of gold on each horse and let the team decide on how best to weigh the benefits of pure speed versus armor/weight and weaponry.

lol, that just made me think of that bat bomb idea from ww2. Holy shit, exploding horses…

uh…exploding duck sized horses?

Well that’s nice. People summoning spring hawks at conjuration 6 and I’m sitting under the waves trying to figure out how to be one with water. Clearly I need to step my research up a bit.

Also, pyrhic I guess has had a lot of scotch.

Well, I was referring to spring hawks on the thrones. Not sure what spring hawks pyrhic is talking about.

And yeah, I think pyrhic had some scotch as well. Kind of envious, especially if it is a Balvenie.

More of a Lagavullin fan myself.

Tequila gimlets actually…

Nikka fan here, though i’m just beginning my whiskey journey. Attended a tasting in January…tried 18 different whiskies. Can’t remember how the last nine were. Good thing I took notes in a notebook!

Of course, I’d lost the notebook by the end of the night too.
;)

Maybe I was having echoes of that night last turn, because I had 3 different armies converging back to defend TC. Of course, I’d set them to “Move”, instead of “Move and Patrol”…thus they played no part in the defense!

oops, should i have said that aloud?

Bandar’s industrious drainage projects - directing welcome effluent into Shin’s demonic marshes - appears to have taken on a new level. The poo-flinging Markatan workers appear to be poorly disguised Vanari; their pet spring chickens appear to be spring hawks. One must wonder, with the ‘building up’ of their civil works, how sweet-smelling and empty those other Bandar provinces must be.

It is never a good sign when nature herself rises up to destroy a Pangean temple. Pretty sure if those Vinemen could speak it would be to say “shun the fake nature lovers.”

Ah, the classic misunderstanding of the phrase “I AM GROOT.” Its easy to see why you misunderstood, all that water distorting your hearing.

Clearly, these vine men are on strike. Our union people are meeting with their people, and I am sure we can hammer out an understanding. Or at least I can introduce them to REASON.

I am quite impressed with the magical displays that TC is putting on. Clearly, my ‘run straight for Alt 5’ research has been easily surpassed by the researchers of the Orient.

Magical displays? What magical displays?

Ah, I see - it would be easy to mistake our celebratory fireworks for this “magic” you speak of. We have none of this “magic”. Nope…none at all. Yep, definitely not. For sure.

What are we celebrating, you ask? Ummm…just taking a walk. Yep, the leogryphs needed their legs stretched…yeah, that’s the ticket! It’s just that everyone in the castle decided to tag along.

Yes, that’s right. I’m quite sure.

I wish I had more scouts :(

Also to add, I think these games give me a greater appreciation of luck scales. I know it is information that might be valuable to others, but having an event fire that gives me a Conjuration 7 commander plus recruits under his command is pretty nifty. Basically a 120 gem cost army, for free.

I fucking love this game.

Also, to drink tonight is Kraken black spiced rum. I live in a town known for its sugarcane champagne, but change is always good, and I’m enjoying the taste.

Call the twoops out in a hurry. This is what we waited for; this is it boys, this is war!

Should be in German!

Anybody want the throne I just took? Lots of curses, horror marks and misfortune for all that enter! I believe I am going to just leave that one there. Oh, and the unrest had built up to 213 by the time I took it. Some great Level 3 throne! ;)

Hmm, didn’t realize just by doing an edit and adding a ? would bump this back up.