The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

It looks like you were all good on that front. You killed one of my secret agents because of manticore fear…they cost me a lot of gems! On the other hand I uncovered 2 thugs of yours having a party in a province that you cast monster boar on. Not sure what they were doing there when it was obvious I’d be patrolling there that turn! Drunken delinquents!

Also, can I please have an extension? I couldn’t log on last night and have a lot of orders to consider this turn. Might need to move to longer turns now that we have 5 nations engaged in warfare.

Absolutely! Hosting postponed for qtWyldeRyde2andAhalf by 48 hours. The game will now host at 10:28 GMT on Thursday June 8th.

Yeah, I am looking at it now… I am an idiot…And I never considered using kitted out Kinnar- I mean, secret agents.

As for the war, I see TC and Nazca still slugging it out, and proving that Magic Duel is a very good spell. Both sides are pulling out all the stops on the spell choices, army placement…but TC got on the side of Lady Luck with that first turn kill.

Shin, Pan, and Bandar duking it out… watching twelve generic monkeys walk into a castle was pretty funny.

Caelum must have attacked Ys and Eiru!

Seeing the Morgen champion, decked in his bronzed armor and racing across the field in a trail of flames looks quite impressive from a Dominions perspective.

I didn’t know whether to laugh or feel bad at that “fight.” Thankfully even little Roger, the diseased, limping Bakemono archer got away. His “friends” left him for dead, and it came close as an especially eager Bandar Log light infantry man, well versed in the art of war tried his best to end Roger’s suffering. Instead, the spear was a glancing blow, only managing to slice off an arm in the process. It was probably gone anyway, necrotising from the sickness. Now unable to wield a bow, hobbled and dying of the plague, what will Roger do next?

I completely missed that first turn shot the first two times I watched the battle report! I knew she had zapped somebody - I just didn’t know who. Guess I need to check out the enemy armies more closely. But yes, I did get lucky with that. On the other hand, I set up with that spell starting out of the gate for a reason! ;)

Nazca?

extended 24 hrs…rather not have nazca stale

bump? pyper, you around?

I sent him a PM earlier, as I believe he was around a couple days ago.

Nazca is not in a position that he wants to stale, from what little I can see.

Does he have much left after that last battle? If that had been me I would have been raging for many days :) He’s lost every key battle so far.

Board says he was last seen 7hrs ago, and last post was 2 days ago…hopefully he’s ok.

Yes, I hope you’re ok Pyper. Battling with you has been very challenging and has tested my mettle…I hope we can keep it up!!

And I wouldn’t say he’s lost every key battle…he did happen to wipe out a large chunk of my forces with a well timed strategic envelopment…lesson learned!

Ah yes forgot about that!

You’ve played a fine game since then!

Well, if we don’t hear from him by the end of this current cycle ( saturday pm), I propose we let him stale. Hope it doesn’t come to that, but we do have to move on at some point.

Got hit by the work, home and health trifecta this week. If the date is Saturday pst, I should be able to get my turn in.

Curse the trifecta! The game will now host at 01:28 GMT on Sunday June 11th.

I also changed the hosting interval to 72 hrs. Hopefully we wont need it that often.

Well, if no one else is going to mention it, I guess I wont either.

Time to buy more scouts…

I hate it when my cunning plan gets foiled by someone else’s cunning plans.

In other news, did you know that shrimp are apparently very dangerous against heavily armored undead? I was surprised as anyone.

Meanwhile, its seems like Bandar has crafted every frost blade known to monkeyville, and learned how to curse at their elephants till they rage while being ethereal. And they STILL don’t want to fall into the arms of a Dryad!

I’m curious by the Eriu movements in my lands. Are they seeking a safe place to hide from the Nazcan armies? I think not, their glamour won’t work here. Maybe it is a convenient distraction requested by third parties to minimise aggression on the Shinuyama front. Or maybe they bring tidings of war and wish to deliver them personally. If that is the answer, we welcome the gesture, but are dismayed at the contents.

not as surprised as I was, both by the presence of the shrimp, and the effectiveness of the shrimp.