The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Well the time has come for the final showdown between the poo-flinging apes and the grinning goblins.

Time: next turn
Place: Shin

Please send along all scouts for viewing. If you are at all interested in making sure that half of Shin’s army doesn’t desert, feel free to send a modicum of gold (40 pieces per view?).

The real money’s on Bandar

Evil Stevil

Calling dibs on the ocean province.

I’ll be watching! And this popcorn is expensive, I’ll throw some gold towards the goblins for the entertainment.

Lets see:

1. Will the blind four armed Fog Warrior casting pretender show up? How about Nick of the two hit points?
  2. How many elephants does it take to get through the gates, even if they are ethereal?
  3. Astral battle magic and some Bone Readers vs frozen heart spam, and whatever else Shin was able to scrape up. Should be very interesting, since both sides come out with some clever castings.

As a heads up, I will be out of town, without game access, around the end of the month. Should not be for long, a week tops.

aw, that was disappointing!

I know…I needed a softener though. Plus a few other things. My troops cant handle the dark.

Don’t let Pangaea blindside you with the sideshow at Shin. The real attraction is at Bandar, where goats crowd around the gates, more or less unopposed. At shin, I merely seek a new home and new lands where the unrest is not yet over 100 due to Pangaea’s spies, locusts and monster boars.

Congrats to Eriu for taking a very nasty looking Throne! And soon to take Nazca, I would assume. Pyperkub looks like he has succumbed to his real world duties, with the litany of stales.

And yes, that was disappointing for that fight on Shin’s home, I thought I was going to see a knock down drag out slugfest. Earthquake cast by Yakshas doing a drive by on flying carpets was not what I expected at all.

Bandar says the real attraction is at his home, but saying that Pan is more or less unopposed means that it wouldn’t be much of an show at all. And there isn’t many monkeys or vine ogres there. THIS CAN ONLY MEAN THAT: I give lots of hugs has had his sight restored and is ready to party!

Yeah, job change has left me with less time to get turns in. Not that I have a lot to do right now.

Definitely didn’t get off to as good a start as the aborted game, and it left me in a bad position. Looked around and TC looked like the only one in about as bad a shape as me - which left me thinking that I had to try for a quick assault. TC got a couple of really timely Soul slays in, as well as a very, very narrow escape by his god, which really turned the tide and left me reeling. It was a gamble which didn’t pay off for me, but in some ways was preferable to the situation in WR1.

I was pretty blown away when I saw that too. Makes for a great visual image!! Man I love this game. :)

It was a little more nasty than i thought, tbh. I expected fewer spring hawks, and forgot the archers were those big Shin ogres with about 30hp. And I didn’t figure the ai would cast fog warriors. For about 2/3s of the battle, i was really concerned I would lose it, as it looked like my forces were being enveloped and encircled. Thankfully my thugs were able to break into melee range before my troops started routing…

Well I guess that’s the 2nd time you’ve crossed me. Once for breaking the 3NAP and now again.

Dear all other nations - you have precedent to break any Tien’Chi agreements in the name of helping Bandar reclaim their lands.

That’s actually quite a nice throne you have there pyrhic. Those thugs are going to be quite the force on your next enemy (please don’t be me!) :)

Oh, the simpler solution is to not have any agreements :)

I fully admit my guilt there - I’ve been poor with my record keeping this game, can’t seem to remember what I exactly agreed to 40-some turns ago, am too lazy to load up old turns searching for the right agreements, and just can’t seem to resist delicious lightly defended territories close at hand.

My diplomacy really is better in games where PM’s are allowed. Really! Cross my heart…

Mea culpa (and maybe this is a symptom of living in Canada too long)…sorry DireAussie! Maybe I should take Strato’s advice. :P

I kind of wanted Pan to take my delicious provinces, then other nations would have greater reason to attack him.

I remain surprised that no other nations have yet assailed Pan given that he’s now deep in my territory and I still have kick in me to help out in a counter attack. The nations not at war still have a great advantage. But soon you will see the small window of opportunity slip away and you’ll be facing an unstoppable Pan-Tien’Chi alliance, each with double the land and gem income of any other nation on the map.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1181/6898/t/2/assets/logo.png?1845017476646529357

While I am, for the first time in many turns, fighting Bandar on his own territory, he is practicing scorched earth. The Hall of the Monkey King is empty - as soon as I tear down the gate, I will be in. The garrison fled under the waves, while She of the Four Arms traveled south to the last free castle of the Monkeys.

Alas, Monkey King, your pleas will not avail you. These hard bitten veterans of many a campaign, Les Dominion Grumblers, know that its better to strike just after the fight has ended, so that the combatants are spent. Why give them a chance to band together against a common enemy?
No, they know that Pan, Shin, and Bandar are weak. Slugging it out over twenty plus turns means research is down, gold is down, and troop count and quality is down. When elephants bought on turn ten, and bane lords with nominal gear are the best you have, they know they can look afar for better opponents.
They are looking, instead, at each other. Ys, Eriu and Caelum, with shiny armor, fresh research, and green troops, know that whomever take the first leap will suffer. For the others will seize upon that opportunity.

Indeed, this game is just now getting started. In a few turns, Caelum might even stir from his lethargy. Ys might even seize more beachfront property. And Nazca…might live.

Actually, I’ve always been a fan of attacking before the combatants are spent - you see, the spent foe has nothing to offer you in return.

I like this thinking. Many shinies can still be uncovered in the poo-laden Bandar vaults.

I wish I could “like” all of these posts. They bring smiles to my face. My hungry, grinning face.

8-D

As of this turn submission, a state of war now exists between Ys and T’ien C’hi.