The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

Hey no worries, Strato. It’s how the game goes.

Apologies for the stales this week - after I got back from camping my laptop got the dreaded DNS server error, and I couldn’t get onto the web. Turns out stupid free Macafee was messing things up.

Now all better!

Yes, my fight with Nazca put me behind in research and army size so I knew the writing was on the wall. :D Still, it was fun!

Yeah same here. I knew I needed to get my turn in this morning, but woke up 5 minutes too late :).

I was going to do it last night, but fell asleep watching a show before I could finish it up. Thankfully, I don’t think it is going to hurt me a great deal unless I missed a huge offensive on me last turn.

Effective immediately, Pan is withdrawing from the capital of Shinuyama. Anyone who wants to take it can do so, without provoking any action from Pan. Please message me in game if you want to take a series of Pan provinces in order to get to Shinuyama.

I think the Shin capital should be granted to the ‘custodianship’ of Shin!

This is setting up to be a most interesting endgame…

The benevolence of Pan is now on display for all to see. Shinuyama lies open, empty, and waiting. The rest of Pan is preparing for the inevitable attacks, but we will not attack first!

Oh, we are going to wipe out a little underwater castle near by with some Evil guys named Steve in there.

Waaaa, I thought we were fwends!

Fwends don’t drag fwends into poo flinging matches. The bananas always win.

But I had an awful thought last night, while drinking my fifth absinthe-brandy mix. Could this game end just like Wylde Ryde One? Eiru masterfully freezes the seas, and then takes his artifact driven forces and crushes any organized response. With a Map move 3 flying force of trolls, backed up by cloud trapezed mages, they quickly lay siege to caps while sneaky commanders take provinces and bards subtly change dominion in near by provinces, like some current swamps.

Caelum could try to respond, but will the Elemental Court be able to fly halfway across the map in time to stop capitals from falling? Given that the Air Queen’s lightening will be certainly resisted by Eiru’s own Air mages, I do not think Caelum will be able to respond quickly enough. Others might protest that Caelum is a non-issue - one cap, barely a handful of provinces, and he stales! Alas, those who think @Kelan is phoning this in are naive. Caelum probably has a one turn leap plan to seize Shinuyama, Tien Chi, and Pan with sizable forces, winning with a quick storming before anyone can respond.

It might not happen that way, though. Ys is certainly out of the water with SOME, or perhaps MOST forces, and his capital looks dangerously empty. Eiru’s recent appeals for water gems hint at the need for water breathing forces to surprise a complacent amphibian. And movement does not seem to be Ys’s strong suit- that doom stack of 500 crabs and communions is slow, and probably will be caught out of position soon.

Hmm, I need more to drink.

These modern armies of Eriu could not hope to hold a candle to the might of our ancestors. While I wont insult your intelligence by suggesting that we don’t have artifacts, we don’t have anywhere near the monopoly that we did have, and more alarmingly, many of those critical artifacts don’t belong to us.

My guidance, follow the gems…

Could we please get a 24 hour extension for this turn? I have a meeting tonight and VIP concert tickets tomorrow night and not sure when I will get home.

Hosting postponed for qtWyldeRyde2andAhalf by 24 hours. The game will now host at 08:56 GMT on Saturday September 16th.

The thing about glamour is how deceptive it can be.

Can I get a 24 hour extension? Dominions system wouldn’t boot this weekend. …

Oooh, me too! Got bowling tonight and not sure I can get my turn in. I can get it done tomorrow for sure.

Hosting postponed for qtWyldeRyde2andAhalf by 24 hours. The game will now host at 08:56 GMT on Wednesday September 20th.

@Kelan , I cannot remember if your cessation of the NAP 3 runs out this turn that we are submitting orders for, or the next. Kind of don’t want to spend all night scripting mages to do things if Aella, Thuella, and Cruella and their 101 …sorry, 201 flyers come visiting next turn.

See, there is an Oktoberfest thing…

Definitely no aggressive actions this turn. May have to wait one more too because needed to give you a turn to read the message. Will double check tomorrow.

make him get you some oktoberfest beers! (or at least drink one to the long time of peace!)

Nuts. got my desktop to boot, and was halfway through my turn when it crashed again yesterday.

So… do you need more time? I bet Evil Steve or direaussie could temporarily take over till you get it fixed, as a worse case scenario.