The Elder Scrolls Online

What surprise me more is how much content is mostly… hidden?

I have completed the game, and only have 2 collectible items… There are lots of mementos, and polymorph and curious items. They seems things you have to google to find them.
In a normal game, I would have already 30% or 60% of these things, but in ESO I have yet to even start to scratch the surface.

Well, I care about these things. Yesterday I “wasted” a lot of hours doing the Litany of Blood.

Fishing is a whole secret world. I burned out before I got the master angler achievement but I did finish 1 alliance + cold harbour + cyrodiil.

The nice thing is that if you keep a casual mindset and don’t get over-competitive about titles or achievements there is a huge amount of content to stumble on and enjoy.

They couldn’t have expected a positive reaction to the patch notes. No tokens to combat RNG, no weapon trait balancing, just nerfs all around (except for magsorcs.) Nothing provokes people like consecutive nerfs to a class (of course, everyone forgets that magsorcs were subject to the same a few patches ago.)

Not really enticing me to return to the game, though I’m keeping up with the news with interest.

But again, this is just endgame, and mostly with regards to PvP. (Players doing endgame trials will be hit hard too, but they’ll manage one way or the other.) These changes actually close some of the gap between casual players and the hardcore population.

Weren’t magsorcs already considered pretty OP in relation to everyone else? Strange choice. Not that my lowbie stamsorc cares much.

OP if the player knows what they are doing. I’m not a sorc expert by an means but when played well they are really strong even with the 6 second shield recharge time change that happened a ways back. Even when my nb was at its most powerful in 1.5, I would avoid them unless I could jump in when they were outnumbered. I personally couldn’t play it. You have to be good at multi tasking and if you slip up with the shields you are going to melt.

I think the big complaint now seems to be that Dark Exchange is really a good skill and it didn’t get a nerf hammer like all the other resource management skills and passives.

Not happy with my char at the moment. Maybe Nightblade is not my thing?

Something is very wrong when I have to swap to resto staff to do some hard content. Also in pvp everyone instakill me. They have a burst damage that burn me in like 150ms. These 600 levels people have count for something + some OP builds, I imagine.
I am re-learning cyridoll pvp again. When attack and when not attack. At first every time I attacked somebody this happened:

So I am considering totally reshaping this character. I don’t have any AoE skill, and my single enemy damage is patetic. Maybe Bow is a bad weapon? I am going to respect to resto+destro staffs, to mix aoe damage with healing.

Other people play like a superhero. When I find a templar in a dungeon, he drag agro from all the mobs in the room, and use some superAOEs to clean them fast.

In Cyrodiil unless you’re playing a specialized hybrid build (or a tank) you have to invest heavily in either stamina or magicka. If you want to use bow, then 2h is a good match for rally. Otherwise, resto + destro is probably the way to go for magicka. Nightblades are not great in terms of survivability, so you have to burst them down first (or travel as part of the zerg.)

Consider playing on Azura’s Star if you’re not maxed out on CP. It’s less laggy and more fun than Trueflame IMHO, though there’s not much action in off hours.

I am connecting with my inner animal. Is working. What I don’t know is what animal is (yet). It can be a wolf and follow the zerg. It can be a hyena and wait in choke points. It can be a poo throwing monkey, and find a way to attack people form max distance, them hide.

I was destro+restro sorcer on the PC, and pvp worked fine, mostly because the blink skill sorcers have. It was a great “oh shit” skill.

Anyway, I can deal with this. I will put on my big pants and find a good magicka build for nightblade.

Teiman, I just want to say that you are easily my favorite poster on Qt3. That’s all.

Thanks!, I wish deserve that comment but is probably more about how charitable your views are here.

\\ELDERS SCROLLS IS GETTING BIG GUYSSSSSS////////

The incoming Morrowind DLC is going to capture a lot of the nostalgia of the original morrowind. Places and names like Balmora, Saldritch Mora, Vivec. This means a lot of players and a lot for a lot of players.

Buying the base game can be very cheap. I bought mine for 8 eur.

Is growing in the consoles and is already the most popular MMORPG for PS4.

I’m working on getting into it. I don’t have a ton of time to play MMOs these days with grad school and the summer, and I think I’m getting to the point where I could be done with them.

I’m still paying for WoW, but with grad school and the summer I’m not sure I’ll be getting my $15 a month value for it. It’s close, though. So, I’m looking at the free-MMOs like TESO, LOTRO and GW2. If TESO didn’t require PS Plus, I’d grab it for the PS4 when Morrowind comes out and just move to the platform. I don’t really play multiplayer games on the PS4, so paying a sub to play TESO isn’t something I’m comfortable doing. At that point, I’d either keep playing WoW or finish out the story to SWTOR’s expansion.

Also, is there some sort of a good newbie guide: like, herer’s how to get a mount, travel between places, etc?

I don’t know of any resource, sorry. I am somewhat newbie like you.

I queued for a dungeon, and ended in a group withouth healer. So I was forced into the healer role. I am tempted to say that I did well, considering we completed the dungeon. But maybe I got carried.

Really fun times, a strong adrenaline rush. Rather crazy dungeon.

Is there a Qt3 guild?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/mw_notification#_blank

“Early access” to Morrowind starts on May 22nd.

Yea, I already have my nostalgia glands ready. :D

So weak. I ordered the physical collector’s edition. And we just moved and my wife is already saying we have to get rid of more stuff.

:) j/k

I’m torn about when I want to buy the Morrowind expansion. Elder Scrolls 3 is probably my favorite game of all time, so I’m really excited to see Vvardenfell in ESO, but I’m really tempted to wait a few weeks, maybe even a couple of months, because I fear the intial rush will result in a bad experience. I already get annoyed when I’m doing some cave or something and there’s some max level dude running his lowbie friends through, just annihilating everything in the place, half looting stuff (don’t get me started on how every chest, sack or crate only has a single piece of Molybdenum in it) and maybe I end up missing bosses because they’re dead already by the time I get there and don’t even know there’s normally a boss in that room.

I’m mostly playing ESO as single player Elder Scrolls, and it does that pretty well. Having come to the game so late, leveling through the regular zones has been pretty pleasant, with a reasonable number of other players running through with m. But having played WoW expansions at launch, I suspect the Morrowind expansion will be more of the same… and I think I’d rather play it when I can enjoy the content, not just follow the herd.

Can I do Morrowind with a new character?

All new characters start in Morrowind now.