The Elder Scrolls Online

Picked up Summerset and wanted to tryout Psijic stuff. Unfortunately its gated behind some rather tedious questing. Apparently its so people can’t put the good new skills on all their alts…or something. Really took the wind out of my sails though.

Breton Templar it is! That works better for me since I’ve preferred Bretons since Arena anyway. :)

Aw, man, now you just made me mad again that Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have fishing. And while I’ve been curious to check this out, @stusser successfully crushed that curiosity by complaining about the mount grind. I’ve got three different mounts for all my characters to ride around in Guild Wars 2 and I didn’t have to play for months and months* to get them.

-Tom

* excepting, of course, the months and months I’ve played Guild Wars 2

Mr Chick, your mighty reviewer weight in the industry should allow you a free copy on Steam of the Summerset Collectors Edition, it comes with a free mount. :)

And the grind @stusser mentions isn’t the cost of the mount, but the cost to upgrade the mount to make it better.

Think of the glorious fishing!

There really is no grind, it’s just a matter of logging on daily and talking to a stablemaster to train your mount to make it run faster.

I haven’t played for a couple of years, but I seem to recall that mounts really only mattered in PvP. If you’re questing/exploring, it’s a pain to mount/dismount every time you see a harvest node. You can get a skill early on that greatly increases your running speed, and on the pc you can probably get mods to easily move it to and from your skill bar.

Yeah, I strongly disagree with that.

Yeah, me too. The mounts are essential. Even if you don’t want to use it to greatly increase your cross-country movement, the extra 60 bag slots are crazy good.

Wait , my horse has a bag? How I access that?

You don’t. Every bag space increase you put on your mount increases YOUR inventory.

So after asking around and doing some reading, I’m gonna go with this build.

Just bought Summerset too. Was too good a deal to pass up with Morrowind included.

Where did you see the best deal?

There wasn’t one according to isthereanydeal.com, so I just got the $30 upgrade.

For the Summerset upgrade if you are a humble monthly subscriber, its 10% off.

GMG had a 20% code ‘SUMMER20’ that worked for Summerset. I read that it’s still valid through today.

Yeah I got it for like $24.

Test it in my cart, it still works!

@robc04

Thanks all!

Wow, Summerset is pretty. And I’m already liking how magey this templar is.

So folks, add ons, hit me with them.