The Elder Scrolls Online

How is this game on consoles, particularly the PS4?

My daughter bought it on her Xbox One and my son started playing it and then bought it for himself on the PC. I would say that on the PC you can get addons that really help in the game. You can not have those addons on the console versions. My son prefered it on PC because of the addons available.

I would not want to play without the addons (my 2 cents).

Yep. Adds are MMO slang for the smaller enemies running around in boss fights. (Or additional enemies that join into any fight, really, but it happens most in boss fights.)

I particularly like Skyshards and Lore Books. Sometimes I just want to go skyshard hunting and pick up a few lore books for the mage’s guild.

I do the same thing, especially when I want some skill points.

It’s not bad as a console game, tbh. A few things to note:

1. You need a PS+ membership to play MMO’s on a console ($60/yr for Playstation).
  2. Other players see your name as your PSN online ID instead of your character name. Not sure if they ever fixed this.
  3. You can’t transfer your characters or Crowns between the PS4 and PC version of the game. If you switch to PC later, you start over.

Thanks.

I’m working on transitioning away from PC Gaming. I’m just trying to play them less and only have things in my home office related to getting stuff done. Either writing or working on my hobbies like trains or drawing.

So, I have a PS4 that’s in the family room downstairs that’s going to be my main gaming platform. I’m not sure if I want to get into MMOs on consoles, but I’m thinking either this or Destiny.

Where can I determine which Mundus stone I chose? I can not remember at all. I looked on the Character, Skill, and Inventory sheets but do not see it.

Hit “C” for you character stats, then you might have to scroll down. It’s underneath all the stats in a list of buffs. So you will see your food buff, eso plus membership, vampirism etc. listed there along with your mundus choice.

This website is great for figuring out what they all do and where to find them.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mundus+Stones

I have a question on researching various crafts.

I am using an addon (Research Assistant) that uses color to let you know if an item you have obtained is worth keeping for research (so when you break them down you are not wasting any). What I do not understand is that I have a ton of items marked but not appearing as researchable.

Can one research any item or it it locked down by the level of the item and/or the crafting level?

There are no such restrictions. If you do not know a particular trait for that exact weapon/ armor type, then you can research it. It does not matter if it’s a gold CP 160 or a mundane iron item, nor does your crafting level matter.

Perhaps that addon is showing that items are researchable for an alt? I am not familiar with it.

The Housing patch hits PTS tomorrow. It also includes the balance patch (we expect magicka to get a boost, relative to stamina).

I’ve also taken a break from ESO, but I’m watching the next patch (on PTS tomorrow!) with interest. Apparently their adjustment to proc sets is to remove their ability to crit. That may be enough, not sure.

Been focusing on a couple of magicka builds lately so that’s welcome news.

My primary is a magicka sorc, so this is great.

Just wanted to say that if you haven’t tried the Orsinium DLC I highly recommend it.

ESO is already a great looking game but that zone just really hits the sweet spot for scenery. I haven’t gotten very far on the story yet but I’m glad I decided to go ahead and take the plunge rather than wait while leveling through the traditional zones.

Well, patch notes are out, glanced through them briefly. Stam did get tone down a bit wrt to burst, sad that magblades got nothing but nerfs (sorry Vic! though it sounds like you don’t use funnel anyway.) Overall doesn’t sound too bad. Interesting shift in frost staves to make them a tanking weapon.

Hehe, I did run swallow/funnel on my back bar a lot as a spamable with my restoration staff. Magicka sustain has never been a problem for me so the cost increase will not really matter that much, but yeah, like Nacho says “You can’t win them all.”

I didn’t really have high expectations though. Sure, I was hoping that they would buff magicka Dk’s and in the process my magicka melee night blade would get some crumbs.but alas it was not so.

Oh well. The housing does look very interesting. I do hope that the springboard off of this into a DLC/expansion like Vvardenfell. They really could use an injection of new content into the game since the last real meaty stuff was Dark Brotherhood back in what June?

When you play a public dungeon using the Dungeon finder and queue; how do you leave the dungeon when you are done? I see everyone disappear but not sure if they just used gold to go where they want? I can never find an exit. Am I missing something?

Four options:

• Run to the entrance. People rarely do this
  • Teleport to a group member, guildie or friend. Just r-click their name on the guild or friends list
  • Just hang out. Once the group breaks up, you’ll be teleported out in a few seconds
  • Spend gold to teleport

If you’re on PC, grab the easy teleport addon. It makes travel really, really easy, especially if you’re in at least one big guild:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1454-EasyTravel.html