The Elder Scrolls Online

I hopped back in, also an ex-magblader. Setting it up to farm vMA and working on other characters. I am happy with no main though. For people that were attached to their magblade more strongly … yeah … sorry,

I do enjoy ESO more when I’m bouncing between different characters. Last night I had a lot of fun in Cyrodiil with ye olde viper’s/tremorscale cheese (I was mostly on break from ESO during its heyday…can understand the complaints) but paired with heavy Pelinals so I can haunting curse/fury for extra burst. Worked pretty well.

I haven’t really played ESO much since launch. I own the base game, but what do I need to buy to get caught up with all the expansion content? The store is a bit confusing.

Nothing, you can buy the game in June and start playing in Morrowind on day 1. Or you can get the various DLC today and play through the huge amount of content already present.

So is it better to subscribe, or to just buy the DLC in pieces?

Try the game first and see if it clicks with you. There’s a ton of pre-DLC content, so if you like it, you can subscribe a bit and get enough spacebucks to buy the DLC eventually. If you don’t like it, well that’s that then.

They have the gold edition on GMG with all the dlc for like $20 right now.

I haven’t played a ton, but I liked it and the dlc and a horse for $20 seems like a good deal.

You don’t actually need to do either one to play the game. I do think the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild DLC are really worth the money, though.

Yeah $20 is a hell of a deal.

Shit. Is there any way to get all the DLC in Gold if you already have an ESO account?

Yeah, that looks like the deal…but I’m concerned because on the ESO store it says under the Gold Edition “Your account does not qualify for this product.”

I mean, I guess if I haven’t played in a couple of years then having to start a new account is not that big a deal, but I paid $50 for this account! It’s the principal of the thing!

EDIT: Also, I guess I have 1000 Crowns sitting on this account. :-(

It appears that the gold stuff only applies to new accounts, and can’t be used with existing accounts. They do have sales on the individual DLC as well as packs, so you might be better off waiting for those if you’re already invested in a character.

The Dark Brotherhood is great. You get a pretty good weapon when you join. Recommended.

This post disagrees. I think I’m going to try it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5vt46e/can_i_buy_the_gold_edition_to_add_the_dlc_to_an/

Alrighty, good luck!

I haven’t gotten obsessed with any one character or far enough to make starting fresh a giant chore, so I’ll give it a go regardless. But all the better if it just works.

After reading that Reddit link, I went ahead for the Green Man deal. It definitely unlocked all the DLC on my old account (though you don’t get the 500 crown bonus). I think you can order with confidence.

Good luck! That being said, you can easily put hundreds of hours into this with no DLC, the main game is huge, and especially now that you can go anywhere, do any quest, at any time. The level scaling thing is just amazing in this game, and makes leveling while exploring really really fun.

I’d get back into this if I wasn’t stuck into Everquest again :P

Worked like a charm. You don’t get the crowns, but all the dlc and the horse registered and appears in game.

Booya.

Yup. Can confirm with PC non-Steam version. I went to the ESO account web page and added the code. All DLC added.

This game rocks for what you get at base price.