The Elder Scrolls Online

Thanks for taking the plunge guys. Good to know the gold upgrade kinda works.

I mean, every single thing except for the virtual bucks new accounts get worked so that is more than kinda imo.

I was so caught up in worrying about upgrading my account to gold that I didn’t pay attention to just how good of a deal this sale is. Going to “gift” my existing account (it doesn’t have anything high level) to my son and just grab this as a second account so we can now tool around in-game together.

Does anyone know how long this sale lasts?

The email I got from GMG says it ends on April 10th.

Woo hoo, thanks.

Got a disc for this game in PS4. Tried it. And wow… the game is smooth in the PS4, they did a amazing scalable engine here, for sure.

I don’t like to replay content, so I am not sure how long I will play, probably not much. I am curious about whats new (played at release, but not since). Levelling seems slower.

Since the content auto scales to your level, you could theoretically go anywhere and level doing anything. So there’s a ton of stuff you can do before repeating any content. Of course, MMO players for the most part squeeze the last drop of min-maxing out of the experience, so you’ll undoubtedly find most people clustered around whatever is the ‘fastest’ leveling experience (rifts, maybe? When I played a few months ago, people would alternate between the 3 rifts in the lowbie zones over and over and over)a

Yep, trust MMO players to gravitate to the intensely repetitious over actually doing something interesting.

I grabbed the Gold since I’ve always thought I should get into this game. I’m bewildered, though, by my choices. What are some fun non-gimped builds that could get me hooked? I doubt I will ever want to tank or be a dedicated healer. No idea about mag vs. stam. I’m kind of drawn to nightblades, but it’s not essential for me to be one. I wouldn’t be doing much pvp and mostly solo pve.

Thoughts?

For some no-fuss builds, the general recommendation is http://alcasthq.com, or you can dig around http://tamrielfoundry.com for something that catches your eye. I’m not sure how important a build is while leveling though - more important is to ensure you have a skills from each skill tree on your bar so it levels up, at least one piece of each gear type (heavy, medium, and light) so those level up, and to start your crafting research early because they are crazy real-time things that take months at the high end to complete.

EDIT: Redfive’s post below reminds me that I meant to include http://deltiasgaming.com as another build-guide resource - this might be more noob friendly than alcasthq, actually.

I just finished doing a Stamina Sorceror up to level 50 and it was great fun.

AoE death machine.

The traditional class archetypes can be a little misleading in ESO as well. My class is a sorceror but I killed everything with dual wield daggers / bow as well as spells.

Man, that is exactly what I wanna try. I have a level 18 sorcerer that I’ve no idea what to do with. Now I’ve a plan. Thank you!

My problem with all of these builds is the same with most MMO guides. None of them are for straight-up noobs. Reading the page for a Magic Dragonknight or whatever doesn’t help me at all. Take the gear entries. Grothdarr? Moondancer? WTF!? Just tell me whether I should be using a two-handed sword or one-handed axe with a shield or whatever.

Doesn’t anyone have a simple “this is what you need to do to solo the game” type character guide?

Go watch Delitas videos for new players. He’s great at explaining what does what and why. He has a ton of videos, and a lot of them are very advanced, but there is good info to be had. There are some that are aimed at new players.

Also, Stamina sorcerer is amazing. Look for some guides based on that.

You can solo all the single-player content using any gimped-ass build. Those guides are for endgame optimization.

I agree there should be more guides targeting new players looking to powergame leveling, though. ESO does many things differently than other MMOs and it can be jarring.

Thanks. That might work. I just wish someone old-school would, you know, actually print this shit out instead of making me watch a video.

Welcome to the new world, also, the pager isn’t coming back.

Well, sure, but you’re going to struggle with a completely ass build. The issue with ESO is that because there aren’t basic GUY GOOD WITH SWORDS or GUY GOOD WITH RANGED MAGIC classes it’s easy to spread your points out all half-assed and end up someone that dies a lot.

The gear isn’t for levelling. Just use whatever you find that fits the necessary skills until you’re level capped. It’s once you are doing endgame you want to hunt down set gear etc.

The one problem I had with ESO at launch was putting all my points into magicka to deal damage, rather than health. If you put a ton of points into health you’ll die much less. Don’t do a glass cannon unless you know what you’re doing.