The Elder Scrolls Online

After finishing the download the very first quest giver was in a solid mass of players. It was almost impossible to click on her. I eventually used my mount so I could see over everyone’s heads. I’m having fun in GW2 and will wait until things thin out in ESO.

Pulled the trigger, couldn’t resist the temptation to return to a graphically updated Vvardenfell. Is there a particular server QT3ers are on?

There are no servers - its all on the same server. I am curious though - isn’t it only preorders who get to play now, or will any purchase on pc get you access at once?

Not sure, I had to purchase the $60 version to get the base game and it’s still downloading.

It’s not “out” yet, so buying it today is a preorder. You get the little preorder bonus pack too, which has a bunch of pretty low-end stuff.

I’m a bit stumped here. I went to the official webpage, logged in, bought the digital Morrowind copy for $60, d/l it, and now I can’t log in. I can log into the webpage, it shows I have the game, but my account has a status of “active - trial” and my Googling shows those accounts are only good for trial periods. WTF? And their support page sucks Daedric balls.

Did you get a serial key to enter somewhere?

Yep (under my account info), but no idea where to enter it.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35659/~/how-do-i-redeem-a-code-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-on-pc%2Fmac%3F

Invalid code (which I suspected, since I bought it straight from their store and it already shows on my account summary). Thanks for the link though.

Even the ESO Plus membership option on their Store tells me I’m not qualified. I think their system sold the Morrowind $60 option to a trial account, which can’t be used for the actual game. And I was taking a guess as to my account name and password when trying to log in and buy it (if I’d gone through Steam, I wouldn’t have had this issue), didn’t bother checking its status before hitting the Store tab and buying the game. No response to the support ticket I opened either, at least not yet.

Ahh. Yeah, will have to wait for their support to respond then, which unfortunately may not be until Tuesday as it’s a holiday weekend in the US.

Damn - that sucks! Sorry to hear about that. I hope they get back to you fast! Nothing worse than not being able to play what you just bought!

So long as it’s worked out before June 6th, I’m a happy camper.

Support got back with me. . .since I bought the $60 ESO - Morrowind option and am not a player of the base game, my account won’t go active until June 6th. And then I"ll have full access to the entire game.

Just an fyi for any other new players thinking of buying Morrowind and expecting to play right away.

That sucks! So, if you had bought the base game first, and then the upgrade, you could have played? So weird! Its impossible to see from the website if anything gives you access now.

I know, it took me back too. Considering the Morrowind option I bought gives me full access to the base game. . .on June 6th.

I’ve heard mixed things about MW so far (ruins with blocked off doors, etc)…what’re your thoughts if you have it?

Just saw my first Stilt Strider today. And you can actually use them to travel. :-D

Today? There’s a silt strider at Seyda Neen right when you start the island.