The Elder Scrolls Online

I’m thinking of getting this on the PS4. I’ve always had a hard time with the controls on the PC, but they seem a little better suited for console.

Did you know you can use a controller on the PC version?

I diiiid not.

Well, I’m on a Mac, and I’m not sure how easy it is to get the controller from my Alienware working on the Mac. I’ve moved almost all of my gaming to the PS4 anyway since I like sitting on my couch playing.

The controller support on PC is really great. Plug in your controller, go into the option menu and flip the switch, and the whole game UI changes to the console version. It even changes the dialogue screens when you talk to NPCs so the layout matches the console presentation.

The only caveat is that the controller/keyboard switching isn’t dynamic. Once you turn it on, the mouse won’t work in the game until you go back into the menu and turn the controller off.

Yes, it is what I would call a three-quarter assed implementation.

Yeah, I might just reinstall it on my Mac and give it a go again. The PS4 version has been well-received. I’m torn between still liking the persistent worlds of MMOs, and just finishing a single-player game and moving on.

I’m also not sold on the TESO armor graphics I’ve seen.

Anyone want a Doom Wolf Mount? I bought something in the ES: Legends card game and it came with a code.

ML3NC7NJFRJWDM9KK6JG

actually the last character should be replaced by an F.

Clockwork City DLC coming.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26183

They worded the sales pitch a bit oddly.

The Clockwork City is a standalone DLC game pack that will be available free to all ESO Plus members and for purchase from the in-game Crown Store. Note that you will not need a copy of ESO: Morrowind in order to acquire access to this new content (only the base game).

Standalone but not really. The bigger news for everyone is this:

The Clockwork City DLC game pack and Update 16 also introduce the all-new Transmutation system, allowing you to change the traits on your gear, including weapons and armors.

In order to Transmute an item, you must locate a Transmutation station and have the item trait researched in your crafting Skill Line. This means if you’d like to add the Sharpened trait to your dagger, you must first ensure you have the ability to craft daggers with that trait. You’ll be able to find a Transmutation station in the heart of the Brass Fortress within the Clockwork City or acquire one for your home from a certain Master Writ merchant.

In addition to the crafting skill requirement, Transmutation requires a special new resource called Transmutation Crystals that you’ll need to collect and save. You’ll be able to earn Transmutation Crystals by completing veteran level content (such as Veteran Mode Dungeons or Trials).

I KEEP scrolling past this in the Playstation store and then think “nahhhh”. Next big sale, I think I’ll have to give it a go. Part of the problem is there are always about 7 different versions and I decide I am too lazy to research the most cost effective one for my scattered needs. :)

Nah - what they mean is that you just need to own ESO, you don’t have to own Morrowind. IE., it is like their other DLC (Orsinium, Dark Brotherhood, etc.), and not tied to the ‘Chapter’/expansion content. Probably more confusing to people that own everything!

The base/cheapest version of the game has a ridiculous amount of content, and is well worth buying even for a single player RPG type experience. It’s really well done, it looks great, and with semi-recent changes you can literally go anywhere in the world, pick up a quest, and see where it goes. Highly recommended.

Thanks. Will probably go ahead and pull the trigger.

Clockwork City (paid DLC) and Update 16 (free) launch has moved up from sometime in November to October 23rd.

I just picked this up as a late buy for the christmas sale ( got the gold edition). Is there any starting advice anyone cares to share?
I plan on playing a nuker / summoner type.

Pick Sorcerer, then. Their summon and nuking specs are strong right now. Your faction and race can be whatever suits your fancy, unless you’re a min-maxer (if you are, then Altmer is probably the best choice, but any race with a bonus to magicka will do).

Just do the quests, explore and enjoy a very well done story. Start crafting early, as researching recipes is time-gated. And remember that you can have multiple guilds, so it makes sense to try several out.

Is crafting limited, as in you can only pick like 2 professions or can you do anything? IF it is limited, what do you suggest for crafting skills?

You’re not limited in the amount of trade skills, but every skill line in the game takes skill points. If you focus on too many lines early on, you probably won’t have the skill points to go around.

There is a soft limit to crafting professions per character due to the need for skill points. At early levels, skill points will be a real bottleneck. That is relieved as you explore more (also, dip into PvP a bit at level 10 for some free and easy points). For a summoner/ nuker, I would start with Clothier, then expand from there as skill points allow.

Thanks for the info. I also noticed there is an optional subscription fee, is that worth using? I am assuming Ill get a free month of whatever when If first log in.