The Elder Scrolls Online

My current build that I am happy with is DK, putting all my points into magic. I start with burning embers, which is a heavy dot with a heal at the end. Then obsidian shard which is a stun that heals. Then there is flame lash 2x. The first one will disorient a stunned mob. The 2nd hit does a lot more damage and heals you on disoriented mobs. Then I spam duel wield skill (the first one, flurry I think) that does 5 hits and the last hit heals you as well. This one uses stamina though. My last power is the voltaic armor skill, which is an aoe dot and defense.
My ultimate is the shifting standard (to bad I can’t save up more than one charge of this).

I hope this all scales well. I read some stuff where it says you should focus on either stam or magic skills, but not both. I am hoping it works out because the flurry power is my only stam power and I figured I should have something that uses my other energy pool.

It seems to be working out well. I wish I had one more slot because there is a power that will let me pull mobs from a distance that would be cool.

I am mostly focusing on smithing for my trade skill, but also am working on enchanting, cloth work (if it turns out that heavy armor will not be good in the long run), food (if I find the recipes), and alchemy although this one doesn’t seem very good so far. I made a few potions I thought would be healing and they are complete crap, not to mention getting the ingredients was quite difficult.

I have not found anything to spend money on other than inventory bag upgrades. My bank is full of crafting mats, so Ill have to buy slots for that soon I guess.

I am liking it so far. Maybe if I play it for 2 months and still want to play more, Ill consider a subscription.

Oh, and horses are super slow. Do you buy better horses somewhere? There is nothing on my horse to indicate its speed. I saw some in a stable, but again there was nothing about them being faster. I did see the upgrades you can buy, like 1% faster you can buy once per day. I also saw you can add bag space to horses. How can you store stuff on a horse? I either summon it or unsummon it.

One thing I found, in dealing with tough mobs, is to come back when there are more people around. The part where you had to kill the tree (?) was impossible for me solo. But I came back when there were a bunch of people there and smooth sailing. Don’t even have to group. If you’re there when it goes down, you get the kill.

You feed them at the stable once per day, which gives you a point to spend on them. You can put it in speed, stamina, it carrying capacity.

How do you store things on horses? I just hit the H key and the horse appears and I automatically mount it. When I get off, it disappears. Can it be like a bank on 4 legs?

Horse storage just expands your bag, it’s not separate.

I just noticed that they’re giving all accounts ESO Plus for the next 6 days (minus the free Crowns, natch!)

ESO Plus accounts get a free Crown crate everyday they log in for the 6 days.

Oh, cool. If I’m not mistaken, you can dye costumes with ESO Plus!

Thanks for the heads up.

Do weapons and armor decrease in stats as you level up? IE: I have an axe that does 1000 damage and then I gain several levels, will that same axe still do 1000 damage?

The reason I ask is that I keep finding better gear drops that seem to have stats as my old gear, but then when I look at my old gear, its stats are lower, at least I think. I do not know if I am mis-remembering (I have a shitty memory), or if there is some kind of out leveling your gear mechanic going on.

Summerset expansion announced.

Yeppers, looks good. No new class, though, and the only new system is crafting jewelry.

Man, if they eventually get all of Tamriel in there, I might have to dive back in.

There’s a new skill line, though. I actually prefer that to having a new class.

The DLCs all came with skill lines, while Morrowind had a class.

The classes are weird in ESO. They have no real identity. What the hell is a Dragon Knight or Templar, anyway?

I would prefer a classless system with all skill lines available to all players, but deliberate synergies between them based on damage types. So you would still be incentivized to take Aedric Spear skills alongside Dawn’s Wrath skills, but you could dip your toes into Daedric Summoning to get a pet or Shadow to concentrate on stealth.

Where does one go to just buy the whole up-to-date package, with everything? I spent 4 or 5 minutes looking at the ESO website and could not tell. There are many different names for many different packages and releases. I haven’t followed game’s development so I don’t know the chronology of the releases. I didn’t try Steam.

Thanks.

If it’s like the Morrowind expansion, you should wait a bit. There were some pretty great all-in-one packages that came out around that time.

Edit:

Here - Product Details - The Elder Scrolls Online

Pre-purchase The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset digitally to receive immediate access to the full base game and the Nightmare Senche Mount, plus get a bonus copy of the Morrowind® Chapter for a limited time. Also includes the Queen’s Bounty Pack pre-purchase content.

Or here - Product Details - The Elder Scrolls Online

The Elder Scrolls® Online Collection includes the ESO base game, ESO: Morrowind® Chapter, ESO: Summerset™ Chapter, and four DLC game packs.

Yeah, the collection includes everything including the DLC. And the DLC is excellent.

So I haven’t been active with ESO for a few months, but ESO just sent an email saying a code had been redeemed and now I have access to the Summerset beta. Except I didn’t redeem any codes recently and just spent 15 minutes resetting my account password using my phone to make sure I hadn’t been hacked. When I finally got logged in and saw that there wasn’t a hack, I did some searching online and found this is how ESO sent the beta invites. Try some better wording Zenimax! Though, I’m gonna re-sub for a month and try it now. So maybe they won.

I got the same email! I thought it was a scam, so I didn’t really pay any attention to it. I guess I should.

I’ve been playing it quite a bit lately. It’s a heck of an MMO, the best of the current lot for my tastes.