The Elder Scrolls Online

Same here.

It’s not really much of a MMO, but it’s a pretty neat single-player Elder Scrolls game where you see other dudes running around a lot. Unfortunately cheats and mods are disabled, which is a lot of the fun in an Elder Scrolls game.

Pretty much.

At least they added a dungeon finder to the game. Still cannot fathom they released without one.

New event in ESO…

I suggest that it’s both ;) You can play through an enormous amount of fully voiced, generally excellent quest content single-player. But the endgame for PvE is group-based, as is PvP if you want to win much. It’s solo- and group-friendly!

Yeah, I never got into the endgame.

Speaking of getting into things, just got into the Summerset beta. Gotta get my elf on!

I might have to pop back in and try out a little Cyrodiil again. Apparently, they have made light attacks scale off of stamina or magicka whichever is higher. That would make my dual swords on my magicka melee nightblade alot better…especially with the Torugs Pact that I sometimes run. Now if they would just buff Concealed Weapon…

Oh and they also claim that there should be some latency improvements. That would be really nice. Last time I played a few months ago, it wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t any where near what it was during the golden age that first summer and into the first year. Of course I think I probably romanticize that period because the damage reduction in pvp was only 30% back then. Good times.

Scratch what I said before about light attack magicka scaling. Apparently I misread the PTS patch notes. The incentives to fun around with a wooden stick instead of two swords are even greater this iteration.

You ever feel like you picked the one class that the developers just really can’t stand or don’t play and just ignore?

I popped back into Cyrodiil again this week and it’s the same combination of sometimes fun and often frustrating. Now instead of being at the CP max I’m sitting at 580ish although I honestly don’t think CP make much difference at a certain point in pvp. Once you’ve maxed out the critical stars like spell damage and spell crit and penetration then the rest is just gravy unless you have some special build.

Last day for this:

Bah - wish I was currently playing this as $40 for both Summerset and Morrowind seems like a great deal.

The intro video for the expansion is really well made, worth posting here.

That is a nice looking trailer. It seems impossible to not be disappointed in the game after seeing that.

I can imagine the meeting room now.

I dunno man, ESO is a really good-looking game.

It’s definitely nice looking, but that trailer was pretty awesome.

I’ve only played the started 10-20 hours of content two times because I always bail on it. Does the new content look improved over the original game? Have they made engine improvements that apply to all content?

I guess that depends on when you last played it. There have been massive changes since launch for sure.

I’m more of a mechanics-oriented gamer than a content-oriented gamer, so I’m not seeing a whole lot in Summerset to pull me back in, unfortunately. Morrowind had the Warden which was great, this one only has a limited skill line it looks like? Is there anything else that I missed?

Nope, it’s all content aside from the Psijic Order skill line.

As far as engine improvements… not much. It’s 64bit now, and the UI has nameplates, which I found to be an immense improvement. But the release ESO looked pretty, and the more recent content is drop-dead gorgeous.

My guess is I last played 1-2 years ago, sometime after their first big overhaul.

So it’s more that the art has improved?

Yeah, art and content design really picked up with Morrowind and Clockwork City.