The Elder Scrolls Online

I’ve really enjoyed the background music that just pops in at the right times. I haven’t played ES5 in a few years, its nice to return to that world.

I never bothered with stamina or bag space. Speed was enough for me so I cut the time and cost by 2/3 in that case.

Yeah, but still 2 months of logging in every day to get that.

Not a fan.

On my first character, I maxed out bag space on the mount first. I was still new, hadn’t joined any trading guilds yet, and after the first couple of bag and bank space upgrades, the cost was too much. So getting that extra one slot every day was totally worth it. Speed was second, and I only just finished stamina the other day. (I do not always log in every day, and sometimes I would forget to go see the stablemaster.)

Since I’m now in a pretty good trading guild, and have plenty of gold, my alts can spend their points more efficiently: speed -> bag space -> stamina.

I don’t mind too much that the training isn’t account wide, but it sure would be nice. I mean the mounts are, and isn’t that what you’re training? Because yeah, starting a new character and then getting on your super slow mount is soooo painful…

It’s a gold sink to help keep inflation down I guess.

Nobody cares about the money, 250 gold is a vanishingly small amount in ESO. The problem is you can only get 1 horse level per day, and each of the speed, inventory, and stamina meters have 60 levels.

I don’t really play MMOs much at all, but I always hear people talk about mounts. What is so important about them and why do people like them? In single player games that offer mounts I tend to walk any way because mounts usually make things more awkward, like picking stuff up.

There’s a lot of traveling in MMOs, and mounts are much faster than walking. Mounts with 60 levels in speed are really dramatically faster than untrained. Also mounts can sprint forever, even once they’re out of stamina, although a single hit from a monster will knock you off at that point. They’re a pretty big deal.

You can get mount upgrades in the crown store thing, but I’m not sure what the cost ends up being if you buy a full upgrade all at once. And I thought mount upgrades were across all chars, not just one? Did it change or am I remembering incorrectly?

The mounts themselves are shared across all characters, but the upgrades are not.

The paid mount upgrades are very expensive compared to just logging in every day. 10 levels costs 1000 crowns, so 6000 crowns to upgrade a single character’s mount speed alone. 6000 crowns costs around $44.

If they sold the mount upgrades for one tenth the price, they would be moderately attractive.

Ah ok, I’ve subbed off and on over the years and have like 15000 Crowns since I never spend it on stuff. Occasionally I’ll buy a cool mount and upgrade the speed and carrying capacity. But if I played a lot that cost would be a bit prohibitive.

When TESO released, the delves were boring. They were little caves, pretty much one of three or four templates. This is from inside a delve in Summerset:

This game has gotten so much better, in every way, over the past few years.

Well all the delves were unique, they weren’t literal clones/templates, but they were kinda samey, you ran through, beelined to the skyshard, killed the boss, then got out of there before anything respawned, usually through a one-way door. That’s something pretty different though, for sure.

K, my sorcerer was a mess, so I just deleted him. I’d love suggestions for starting a new caster class type character.

Destruction staff, all magica, high elf, Sorcerer. Pretty much the most conventional “mage” type character. Can do with or without a pet.

Magica Templar is “sort of” a paladin with more ranged options. It’s a more tanky character, that can be made to be very caster centric. Either high elf or breton. High elf if you want to use a destruction staff and play more like a mage, Breton for more of a tanky hybrid, can go sword and board even.

One of the things about ESO, is that you will almost always have 2-3 mobs bum rush you that you have to face tank, it’s why magica Templars are such a good class, because they are really well equipped to deal with that from the start.

High elf Magicka Templar it is. Thank you!

Brian, if you want to heal, a Breton or Argonian will be slightly better than a High Elf. High Elves are decent at any sort of casting, of course :)

If you’re on PC and you want some early gear made up for a quick start, shoot me a tell in game!

Picked up Summerset and wanted to tryout Psijic stuff. Unfortunately its gated behind some rather tedious questing. Apparently its so people can’t put the good new skills on all their alts…or something. Really took the wind out of my sails though.

Breton Templar it is! That works better for me since I’ve preferred Bretons since Arena anyway. :)