The Elder Scrolls Online

Yup. It’s Elsweyr, as rumored.

Plus, dragons!

This one is ready to go!

I don’t play much anymore (once a month maybe?) and everytime I log in the load times seem to be getting worse. Just timed it and a teleport from one wayshrine to another one in a different zone took 2min & 15sec to load up. Is this normal these days?? (on the EU server btw)

I haven’t played in a while, but out of curiosity is this on a hard disk or SSD?

No, that is not at all normal. Do you play with a lot of mods? In particular, if you have Master Merchant, Harvest map, Bugcatcher or other data-heavy mods active, they can sometimes get out of control. Take a look in this folder:

C:\Users****\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables

See if any mods are blowing up and delete them altogether. That made a big difference for me a few months ago.

The game is on my HDD.

Thanks for the tip with the mods. I think I installed some a while back, will kill those and compare times!

Possibly related to your issue.

Ah… Might be, though I just uninstalled most mods (kept LUI interface, minimap & skyshards) and it has improved. Now the load only took 1min & 10 secs. Is that closer to what you guys have?

I would say I am usually seeing no worse than 30-40 seconds and that’s on major transitions, and on HDD.

That’s about double what I get, or worse. I am on an SSD, though.

It can also be much wore in Cyrodiil, where people still get 5+ minute loadscreens at times. That can often be addressed by ensuring the group leader boots anyone offline or not in Cyrodiil.

Takes about 30 seconds or so for me but I never really timed it.

Edit - Defrag and optimize your hard drive maybe?

PC/Mac server is down for maintenance. Maybe they’re fixing the issue?

I’ll give it another bash tomorrow and see what the load times are like then. Perhaps a reinstall is in order?

btw WTF is up with this pricing? Reckon they could at least throw in shipping at those rates.

That’s a big install. Maybe hope the server maint. fixes things before going that way?

Brexit

Yep, load times were much better today, looks like the server maintenance definitely played a part in my issue.

Cool!

Everybody that logged-in during the month of January gets 500 free crowns. Not sure if that’s enough to buy anything, but I think we can all agree that getting anything for free sends a little zing from the tippy top of our heads to the base of our genitals.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood packs will be on sale for 1000 crowns each starting March 7, around eight bucks. They’re fantastic.