The Elder Scrolls Online

ESO won’t be porting the game to ARM Macs. They’re pointing people at Stadia instead, which is kind of funny since they’re owned by Microsoft now! They won’t be the last game Mac loses either I’m sure.

I expect the vast majority of games over 1 year old, well over 95%, to never be ported to ARM MacOS. There’s no money in it, outside live service games and MMOs. And MMOs are complex creations.

That said, Apple’s translation layer is reported to work pretty well so most of them will probably be just fine anyway.

Interesting that they mention Stadia (which is already dying on the vine) and not, say, the console version. I guess that’s a bit more of a transition, but still.

Stadia would be pretty much a drop-in replacement, other than missing out on addons. Which is a big deal for ESO, I wouldn’t play without them.

FYI: Green Man is having a Bethesda sale. Just got the full version of Greymoor (the one with all the previous chapters) for $17.

Thats a lot of content for $17.

I’ve been thinking of getting back into this. Is the Greymoor upgrade the only one I need to get?

If you want all the previous content, be sure to get either the Standard or Collector’s edition. The Upgrade versions just gives you the Greymoor expansion alone.

Oh got it, thank you.

Also on Xbox Black Friday Sale for $19.79.

Does this work if I have the Base Game in Steam? Someone in Reddit said that we need to link the Steam account to Zenimax account first, but I have not tried it, so be aware of this when purchasing from GMG.

I saw some reddit post (probably same as you saw) that said they were able to purchase the Greymoor (non-steam) version, link the account, and thus break the dependency on Steam without losing everything.

For anyone that cares, LOTS of places with Greymoor on sale, if you have a preferred vendor.

And you really should, IMO. They really fixed up this game. I’m having an absolute blast, and I was pretty sure I was done with Bethesda RPGs at this point.

I hope Steam will have a Thanksgiving sale. They do that every year, don’t they?

Greymoor is like 18 bucks at some places, though not on sale on Steam. I love going back to ESO every now and then, lots of fun to dabble periodically.

Welp I got Greymoor for $18 and am diving back in, gonna roll a whole new toon, an archer of some kind, as those are my faves.

I have tried numerous times but the autolevleing of content drives me bonkers and away from this game. I realize I’m prolly in the minority here. Has this changed at all?

No, this is still a big feature of the game since the “One Tamriel” overhaul years back. Well, feature to some I suppose…

@BrianRubin - Stamina Warden. Legit bow builds, and you get to make use of the new class you just bought.

Right now I’m in an alt frenzy and can’t even land on a main. I’m trying to create one character that does “all the things” (all story/achievements) and then leave alts for doing more specialized things like healing/tanking/crafting/whatever. I know all classes can be a story character, but that doesn’t help narrow it down. I’m leaning towards magblade I think just so I can have the added benefit of invisibility/thieving. Stamden is also tempting, just cause (mostly because he’s a completely frumpy looking Orc and I think he’s hilarious that way).

I’ll give it a whirl, thanks!

I leveled a warden when they had just been added to the game and it was a blast. I understand the bear has been nerfed a bit but I had a ton of fun with it.