The Elder Scrolls Online

It is, really. They announced it back in Jan. And you could build rapport and customize their skills!

So, my favorite MMO gets my favorite system of any game, a companion system, and no-one called me to tell me about this?

Thanks @habibi , awesome news!

I wasn’t aware you were expecting a call, but I did post about it in the thread!

Well, now you know 🙂

So now you can earn a currency doing daily/weekly activities that can be used to buy stuff formerly only found in crates. Seems like an unambiguously great change. They should get rid of crates entirely and make those items purchasable directly for crowns too.

I mean, they should but lootboxes are unambiguously way better revenue generators than individual cosmetics purchases (and of course they do that too).

I don’t personally think grindy daily tasks are a huge improvement, but it’s still better than spending money. Especially if they end up being practical to complete ambiently while regularly playing, as they’re suggesting.

Agreed.

Lootboxes are on their way out, they’re regarded as gambling in too many locales. Zenimax (or I guess, Microsoft) should recognize reality and adapt to it.

'cause, you know, they’re gambling. :P

Well, they’d certainly get money out of me if they just let me buy the cool mount for cash, but they probably make far more from the whales. Also, I guess they don’t want the rare mounts to be too common.

Naw, it’s just straight-up monetizing skinner boxes.

Getting back into this a bit in preparation for getting my very own Lydia next month.

You used to have to slot a PvP skill and keep pressing it for a 30% mountspeed buff-- now that’s passive so you get it all the time. Combined with the 50% less aggro passive while mounted from Dark Brotherhood it’s pretty sweet!

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Continuous_Attack

Edit: The mount with +60% from training and +30% from that passive is insanely fast sprinting. By far the fastest ground mount I’ve ever used in a MMO. You can get enough alliance points to pick up the passive by doing the Cyrodil intro quests and the battleground intro quest.

It is insane. I also find that the Ring of Wild Hunt which let me run equally fast - for those moment when you need to sprint through enemies in Delve.

My understanding is:

100% Normal runspeed
+30% Running while sprinting
+45% Ring of the Wild Hunt out of combat
== 175% of normal runspeed

130% Normal mount speed
+60% from training
+30% Mount sprinting
+30% from that PvP passive
== 250% of normal runspeed

So running while sprinting with the ring is faster than a fully trained mount, but not a fully trained mount sprinting or with the PvP passive. My numbers may be a bit off if they’re multiplicative but the mount is still vastly faster.

There are champion points for run and mountspeed too, I think.

I always sprint through any fight I’m not specifically required to do for whatever it is I’m doing. Delves take maybe 3 minutes.

ESO started a surprise event yesterday, a week of double-everything (XP, Gold, Harvesting). Good time to duck back in!

Yup - this will be me tomorrow!

I’ve been hitting it pretty hard for the past week or so. Got my ring of the pale order, which is ridonkulous.

What does it do?

It restores health when you do damage. I was able to solo some dungeons with it on one of my characters.