The End of Qt3 As We Know It?

Worst case scenario: the place goes to hell…

Just put a mandatory one month hold on any new account. Most people will get bored and leave unless they truly want to contribute.

Freshmen shouldn’t be allowed to drive on campus IMO.

I, for one, welcome our new spambot overlords.

Traffic is gonna double in P&R.

This honestly kind of scares me.

Especially when we start Digging qt3 threads left and right.

edit: nothing

Bring me your huddled lurkers, your dazzled newbies, your jaded trollers yearning to breathe free!

Yeah, I can see Tom’s point about the unfairness of the vetting process, but I fear to see what the Qt3 landscape will look like without it. Viral marketers and spammers and raiders, ahoy! I guess we’ll see how it goes.

I entered that writeup expecting the other shoe to drop: “and so I’m forming a Mod Squad!” but I was disappointed. We need more little Napoleons around here ;)

“…and I’ll get around to it about as soon as I do new account subs.”

AWESOMESAUCE.

Are all these newly activated accounts being notified of their activation? If so, then we might get a surge of new posters, if not then it’s going to be a trickle.

Some retard named TomChick keeps posting stickies all over the place. Can him already, will ya?

Well, on the plus side, all my gamer-geek friends I wanted to show Qt3 to, now don’t have to deal with Tom!

Man, this is going to turn into a standard internet forum now. I kind of liked that there was a buffer there.

Ah well, QT3 as of August 05, '07, it was good knowing ye.

Statistically speaking, there has to exist somewhere, someone who approximates the effect of Jose Liz and I playing the odd couple and raising heinously a birth defected Algerian orphan* in a villa on the French Riviera.

I for one, welcome the potential Fleur des Liz with open stumps. Here’s to people who hold a grotty mirror up to our worst qualities! Huzzah! It’s a metaphor. Sort of. I don’t think anyone really goes around holding up grotty mirrors in strangers’ faces unless they have some wildly exciting and untreatable form of paranoid schizophrenia. Or whatever it is now that the DSM calls those homeless guys that speak nothing but unfiltered awesome prophecy and the occasional catcall.

*1980’s television rule; Orphan + Minority + Serious Hormonal Deficiency + Blueblood Adoptive Parents = Ratings Gold. See Webster, Diff’rent Strokes, ibid.

Nooooo our elitism!

Dammit! Now I’ll have to update the FAQ.

I mainly did this for the poor folks who’ve been sitting in my Qt3 folder for months. As I said, if things get bad, I’m happy to close the gates again. This is an experiment, kind of like turning off emoticon graphics or disabling polls. Will it take? Who knows.

-Tom

P.S. Ooh, I like the idea of a mandatory waiting period between registering and posting. Anyone know if there’s some way to do that with vbulletin?