The Everything Else P&R

He isn’t memorable, but that’s okay.

Good thing that the very first 2018 Senate bill includes a provision that supports states from breaking ties with companies that boycott or divest from Israel.

https://www.axios.com/netanyahu-deal-jewish-power-israel-election-be6b4501-fa62-472a-ad93-f73bb68a5cbc.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

After two weeks of efforts, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu succeeded in forming a united ultra right-wing party that will run in the April 9 elections, paving the way for Jewish supremacists from the “Jewish Power” party to make it into the next Knesset.

Why it matters: This is an unprecedented development in Israel’s history and is equivalent to a U.S. president cutting a political deal with David Duke, the former KKK leader. The prime minister and the ruling Likud Party are legitimizing a racist, xenophobic and homophobic fringe party in hopes of bolstering a right-wing bloc after the elections.

“Jewish Power” was formed by the followers of Rabbi Meir Kahane, the former leader of the Kach party, which was banned from running in Israel’s 1988 elections and designated a terror organization by the Israeli government in 1994. Kach was also blacklisted as a terrorist organization in the U.S., Canada and the EU.

• Kahane managed to get elected in 1984 and was boycotted by all other parties in the Knesset.
  • He proposed a series of racist laws that would have stripped non-Jews of citizenship, mandated separate beaches for Jews and Arabs, and more. At the time, senior members of the Likud attacked Kahane’s policies and said they were similar to the Nuremberg Laws passed by the Nazis before the Holocaust.

There are direct links from Kahane to Jewish Power today.

• Baruch Marzel, now a senior member of Jewish Power, was chairman of Kach after Kahane was assassinated.
  • Itamar Ben Gvir, another senior member, was convicted of supporting a terror organization and inciting racism.
  • Michael Ben Ari — a former member of the Knesset from Jewish Power — was denied a visa to the U.S. due to his membership in a terror organization (Kach).

Edit - Never mind there an Israel thread

Posting this was… perhaps not a great idea.

Why, are the Branch Davidians going to put the band back together and kill more government agents?

Look at the responses.

Waco isn’t generally regarded as a great moment for the ATF.

Oh, see, I don’t read Twitter responses. I just figure people will shit on a Tweet no matter what it’s about.

Waco isn’t generally regarded as a great moment for the ATF.

Sure, but these guys were killed during the initial raid. No problem memorializing them.

Depends, many people think the raid never had to happen and the ATF was just waving it’s dick around.

I’ll tell you the same thing I tell my loving brother, I don’t give a shit what many people think.

That’s fair.

I’m in the camp that the ATF fucked the dog on the whole thing, but not in the “they just wanted to burn kids alive because they’re evil incarnate” camp myself. Though the more I see of law enforcement, the less I shake my head at the latter stance and the more I just kind of shrug.

I wish to subscribe to your news letter now.

That’s brilliant.

Fucking snowflakes.

Did they literally make a Green Book?

Like this? Yes.

I was referring to @RichVR 's post about how MAGA snowflakes seem to have lifted the idea from the ACTUAL Green Book, which of course was to protect African Americans from racist violence and lynchings as they traveled, as opposed to getting your burger spit on because of being a traveling Trumguzzling scumbag.

Sorry, my error.

I could have been clearer with my early morning snark! No offense taken :)

That Wrestlers signed to exclusive contracts are considered “independent contractors” and no one goes to jail for it says it all.