The Everything Else P&R

That seems like a thing you don’t investigate so specifically unless you already know it happened.

Oh I dunno – If you’re the authoritarian leader of an ostensibly democratic country who is looking to gin up some trouble with a regional rival, it sounds like exactly the type of unprovable rumor that your might float out there.

Thank god we don’t have anyone like that here.

But I think Turkey and Qatar are more allies currently, not great buddies with Saudis. Wheels within wheels.

That shit is so fucked up. And that kind of thing is where Trumpism will eventually take us. Fucking outright murder.

My sister told me about this recently. I didn’t realize Amazon had so many programs, even stock for not just corporate employees, as in stocks people actually get.

Had being the key word here.

I heard on Market Place that the Amazon raise is a move to slow down a Union movement growing in the Warehouse.

edit: I should say might be, because Amazon would never confirm something like that.

Color me surprised.

Considering the US history with the Native Americans, striking this ruling down does not sound like a good thing.

I’m not sure why the original adoption didn’t go through though.

It sounds like it did:

I remember hearing/seeing a long-form news program on the problematic ICWA law. They cited this same couple and also a man who was being barred from adopting the child of his deceased wife, whom he had raised with her for years, because he was white and the child was registered as a member of a Native Tribe (despite having some tiny percentage of Native ancestry).

But to its credit, the news program also noted that these were edge-cases and cited a very large number of other Federal policies (all of which slip my mind right now) that base their legality on ICWA.

Thank you! I missed that and I’m glad you noticed!

And Saffuri said he believes the crown prince and the Saudis may well have felt emboldened by Trump’s attacks on journalists as the “enemy of the people.”

Trump’s “rhetoric against journalists probably encouraged the Saudis to do it,” said Saffuri, with the Saudis concluding: “Trump hates journalists and he would not react if we kill one journalist.”

Man, we truly live in the dumbest of timelines.

I can’t believe she had to waste time doing that. As if there aren’t a million bigger issues that we should be arguing about. I’m also 100% sure that Trump will continue to derisively refer to her as Pocahontas.

She wouldn’t have had to do it if she didn’t spend her life trying to unfairly benefit from being 1/512th Native American. Now maybe we can deport her.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to donate to a political campaign without also signing up to receive phone calls and emails asking for more money for the rest of my natural existence? I’d like to donate to Ammar Campa-Najjar, who is running against cartoon character Duncan Hunter in CA’s 50th district, just next door to my own, but my donations to political campaigns in the past have not gone unpunished.

I mean that Farrakhan is a horrific piece of shit isn’t news, but that Twitter is fine with it kind of is.