The Everything Else P&R

This is in line with the long-time conservative desire to abolish the postal service. USPS international shipping rates substantially undercut private shippers like UPS and Fedex, who in turn lobby to hamstring the USPS with actions like this one. It will likely force USPS out of the international mail business. Apparently delivering the mail is not something ‘small’ government ought to do.

The dumbest thing you’ll probably read this week, which is saying something.

This seems… Ill conceived?

Especially since the government here in Ecuador is more than tired of him. It was the last government under Correa who took him in, just as a way to thumb their noses at the US. For the current government he’s nothing but a problem, and suspect that Moreno would like nothing more than to boot him out the door.

How did you end up living in Ecuador, anyway? I’m imagining something spicy. Are you a drug lord or other crime kingpin? Did you flee with a vast pile of money after the Panama Papers broke? Do you have powerful enemies that have tried and failed to track you down?

I think we’ve seen that tale, in a thread about people (mostly gringos) retiring to foreign lands… :D

When I was going through the prep to leave, I remember saying to someone I don’t want to say that we’re fleeing the country, but we’re fleeing the country.

Short version: Retired early, got bored, decided to change our lives.

The Fascist won in Brazil. Can probably kiss that rain forest goodbye.

Ha ha, too late Brazil. Now days we can just chop down our own national forests to build that wall.

Well, that sucks.

Brazil is going to be a nightmare within a couple years. I’ll take “New wave of refugees” for $200 Alex.

I’m glad my grandfather isn’t around anymore to see this shit. He was a German who lived through the Nazi takeover of his country, then immigrated to Canada and eventually to the US. He obviously didn’t tell a very-young me a lot of gory details, but it was very obvious that he bore some tremendous scars from all of that.

To watch democracies go down this path… I think it might have broken him.

It’s breaking me :(

So I guess the CBC is Canada’s version of the NYT?

The holocaust killed a lot of folks, but we can’t ignore the economic boon it created for the manufacture of Zyclon B.

Those gas chambers didn’t build themselves. Also great numbers for the shipping industry. MAGA

Ahem. They’re de-lousing chambers, and they smelled like bubble gum and rainbows.

Whoops.

Ой!