The Expanse (SyFy)

Is it? Sweet, Jesus, finally.

SyFy website says I can stream episodes from there, but all I can find are text recaps and clips. Are they not streaming the show?

I think they only stream episodes as they’re airing, probably a day or so delayed. Most of the content providers do that; they stream during the current season, usually within a pretty tight time frame, and then remove that content so as to bolster physical and digital sales in between seasons.

In other words - if you want to watch S2 before S3 starts, you’ll need to either stream via Prime, or purchase on another service. Once S3 starts, you can probably watch via SyFy’s website (or app) during the season, provided you’re prompt about doing so. Not live, of course, but delayed by only a bit.

Does Prime have S1 and S2?

As far as I can tell, yeah. I’m only focusing on S2, but that’s how I watched S1 originally, which wasn’t too long ago.

Okay thanks.

I just finished catching up on both seasons. Fantastic show!

Avasarala’s lines, especially with Bobby, during the UN / Mars peace accords were so freaking good. Man I hope she sticks around in the show for the long haul.

(no book spoilers please)

I’m kind of confused about what changed with Amos when they were on Tycho Station. Are we supposed to believe that he underwent some sort of brain modification kind of like Cortazar? Or just that he saw what happened to Cortazar and he was trying to change his own personality? He did disappear on Tycho for a bit but I’m not sure if we’re supposed to understand yet if something happened to him.

I might have to go back and re-watch the episode, but my impression was that Amos was recognizing something in himself with Cortazar. Amos is also a sociopath, but he’s managed to keep his own amoral tendencies in check by looking towards Naomi and now Holden for guidance. At the time I watched the episode, I thought that Amos might have been considering neural surgery to “correct” his deficiencies after he saw how Cortazar was transformed in the other direction.

This was my impression as well.

Agreed. Amos knows himself well enough to be aware of his personality disorder, but he is very uncomfortable with it. He very much wants to be a good person and looks to Naomi and, to a lesser extent, Holden as bellwethers for what being a good person is and works to emulate them.

That’s it in a nutshell. Amos wants to be good, but he isnt, really. The team on the Rocinante is his anchor and he knows that without them he would go full on sociopath. The thing is, the team needs him, on occasion, to be bad Amos, so he will never really be free of his darker nature. Still he finds balance within himself through the fact that he uses it for the greater good. I just realized, he is kind of like Dexter… IN SPAAAAACE!

I really like those moments where they lead him to the situation, kind of nod or wink, and he drops the persona and goes full ape shit. Pretty well acted in my opinion, but I’m so bad at judging those things that I’ll leave that discussion to professionals.

For me, it’s fun to watch. Usually I have a half smile/half horrified look on my face and “holy shit” or something comes out while my wife covers her eyes.

Oh, the fellow that plays Amos is excellent at it. You definitely noticed good acting.

It actually took me a spell to get on board with the actor who plays Amos, since he’s my favorite character I just saw him a bit differently. But eventually I think he and I clicked with him around the same time, a few episodes in, and he’s just been a joy to watch ever since.

Thanks all, the above interpretations make complete sense. I would’ve been disappointed if there was a twist where Amos modified himself, but that twist wouldn’t make sense since he does still have reservations about certain things.

I must confess I was a bit disappointed: I was thinking that maybe Amos had been subjected to that sort of surgery from the start, or that he wondered why someone would go for it since he personally didn’t need it, as he is already devoid of pretty much any empathic capacities. But indeed, in the end, it seems that the show tells us that he just considered having it done, something which, considering my understanding of the character, didn’t make much sense to me.

That scene sets up an Amos storyline for that season that I really liked, but don’t want to talk about till you’ve seen it all. Amos is my favorite character on the show. It’s mainly because he does a lot without much dialogue.

Started watching season 2 on Prime, damn this show continues to great.

Season 2 was amazing -. We loved it. Far better than season 1, which was fine.

I keep thinking to myself,that if we get this kind of shows now, how will shows be in 5 years? Its amazing!

I really like how almost every episode ends in way you wouldn’t expect.

Half way thru season 2 and they are knocking it out of the park in terms of story and visuals this season.