The Expanse (SyFy)

Episode 3: Avasarala Reminds Holden He Rolled Lawful Good.

This is still the best thing on TV but the new blonde haired tree-hugging religious character is annoying. Her and the presidents scenes are pretty dull. Here’s hoping she gets killed off quickly (maybe with one of those planet buster nukes) ;)

Anna isn’t going anywhere. You thought Holden was the conscience of the show? LOL.

Self-righteous clerics… I wonder if all these other characters were also part of the original RPG campaign.

In the books, Anna shows up in Book 3, and is last seen in Book 6. She does not appear (as far as I recall) in Book 7.

I got caught up yesterday and this show just continues to knock it out of the park. I absolutely love the characters on this show and the acting is mostly top notch. Amos and the botanist is just a really cool dynamic and yeah, that scene with the flying tools was riveting (har har!).

What I really dig is they go from strong characterization scenes to very serious sci-fi space battle and I never sense a drop in quality. It’s all so solidly thought through.

Anyway, this is right up there with SHIELD for me atm among my favorite TV programs. Glad it’s back on. I hope we get to see more about what’s happening on Venus soon!

Agreed. They keep mentioning Venus and even showing images on screens behind characters. I want to know what is happening there. Is the ship (that got instantly disassembled) and all the people in it simply trapped in time, like a stasis where no time has passed for them. Or are they floating there thinking “Man, I sure could go for a sandwich about now…” and “I knew I should have used the restroom before we made our descent…”.

You mean that there could be another Adam Savage appearance?

Here’s to hoping!

Man, that slimy Errinwright has to go down soon.

Painfully.

(which I guess is a testament to the actor)

For those wondering where in the book series the TV series is right now?

It’s at a protracted, all new, and mostly made-up ending to Book 2. So, uhm, the real answer is “I don’t know”. Nobody does.

Really NOT HAPPY with this nuking of Earth by Mars though. I don’t see how that gets white-washed in this Alternate Expanse the writers are building.

Everybody on board the disassembled Earth ship orbiting Venus died as they were exposed to space/Venusian atmosphere.

Yeah they’ve introduced Anna differently into the milieu of this Alternate Expanse, but she’s not going anywhere. She’s a major Character.

OMG, tonight’s show! Wow.

That Byron Mann always plays bad guys for some reason.

Nguyen pulling ahead of Errinwright in the #1 asshole department.

Jesus that was a lot of hybrids. They’ve really had time to make that many???

Sure. This was a weapons lab. Ganymede was a test, this was the production site for the weapon system.

Ugh. I hope Netflix or someone else picks it up.

I hope it gets a satisfying ending one way or another.

So syfy cancels the one show that had some effort and money in it. Guess they will uses to shit out a bunch more of their usual garbage.

Surely someone like Netflix can spare some of their billions for it to continue on.