The Expanse (SyFy)

I read that Drummer got her accent by copying Dawes’s accent from season 1.

BTW, who was the woman in last week’s show who planted the bomb? Was she OPA?

We don’t know who she is at this point.

If she’s opa her plan is really weird because it almost got the belters annihilated. If any faction it would more likely be a hardcore inner wanting that outcome.

I don’t think we’re supposed to know her allegiances yet.

I wonder if she’s a militant Mormon

The others call her Melba.

She’s gonna be toast.

She’s crackers, all right.

Wasn’t her face (forehead) glowing slightly blue in a few shots? I was assuming she was infected with the protoolecule.

No, I thought so too but when rewatching those segments of last week’s episode the only blue-ness was a reflection of the control panel that was glowing blue on the wall long before she did anything.

Spoiler about Melba: Not everybody hates Jules-Pierre.

And with that being said, the show doesn’t do Melba’s character justice if they don’t give some more of her backstory. Which I’m sure they’ll do.

Don’t know if it was protomolecule, but she definitely accessed something, some tech or drug, which enabled her to momentarily “Hulk out” and have the strength of ten women.

Not protomolecule.

Yeah, she seemed exhausted at the end.

What the hell happened at the end of this week’s show? Some crazy relativistic time dilation?

Sure looked like they had entered the event horizon of a black hole, though I’m sure that’s probably a wrong explanation.

It’ll likely be explained in the next episode, however, if you want a spoiler from the book, here it is:

The Gate has some sort of speed dampening effect inside of it that prevents anything from moving very fast. That’s why Holden said to slow way down before entering. I can’t remember if the book explains why the dampener exists, though.

It’s so exceedingly difficult to not read the book spoilers in this thread. This season is on fire IMO.

I gave in and read the books after s1/s2. No regrets. It will take a long time to get through all the stuff.

Pretty cool about Miller coming back thought. Doors and corners.