The Expanse (SyFy)

Clearly I missed it. And I even read the short story with her all huge family.

I think it was the name Draper,in part.

Maybe you’re just Mad, man.

I’m almost at the end of the second season and them talking about the Caliban project(a term I absolutely do not remember used in the book) makes me throw out a question for those who have also read the books:

What the heck do the titles mean?I have read every book out, and some of the short stories, and I mean they seem to have almost no connection to the actual book! Sure, there is a war in Caliban’s War, but what does whomever Caliban might be have to do with the book’s story?

Same with Babylon, Cibola, Leviathan. Persepolis etc.

There is clearly a theme with the titles that I am completely missing…

Okay, I’m about half dozen shows into the 3rd season. It seems that they have decided to include large variations of the books in this one.

Most have gone off pretty well, but Holden’s strange encounter was done much, much, much better in the books.

How can they leave out “We’ve got to talk”…?

Just finished season 3, and man I loved it. It had some poor moments and started out slow (for someone who had no idea about the story going in) but it ended up great.

I also see why it was cancelled. That can’t have been cheap to make.

Now I want to read the book.

Didn’t another network pick up the show? Netflix maybe?

It was Amazon - woohoo!
So it’s actually coming back for season 4 with a bigger budget and no censorship.
No more bad dubbing of “forget you” ;)

Well at least when it goes on streaming platforms like Netflix it’s actually uncensored too, which kind of surprised me for some reason.

But yeah hopefully a bigger budget and no major censorship.

— Alan

Considering I saw it while in India via Netflix, I was unaware of said censoring!

Now I know.

The books are amazing. Go read them all! Even the novellas! ESPECIALLY the one about Amos.

So I will need an Amazon subscription to watch it now or wait until it shows up on Netflix, if ever?

Looks like it’ll be Prime only in the US.

It’s a Prime Video exclusive series now.

Hmmm. A “friend” says it’s an ETTV exclusive, now; )

Huh, not sure what you mean - it’s a prime original, so it’ll be on Amazon prime. Or are you just talking about the previous seasons (which are likely still licensed to other carriers in other jurisdictions - in Canada they’re still held by Space Network, which is similar to SyFy I think, and I don’t think available streaming).

In the US, it looks like you can see Season 1 on SyFy, but that’s it.

I just want Season 3 to show up on Amazon already.

It’s so weird that they bought the show and I can’t watch the freaking thing.

Same with Lucifer - Netflix picked it up, and I was on episode 2 or 3 of season 3 and poof, all but the last five of the season vanished, and now I guess I wait for ALL of season 4 to be available on Netflix but instead finally watch S3. WTF.

I just listen to the books. Looks like the newest one is almost out on Audible. If I knew how to link here I would.

This series goes up and down. I do like the characters though.