The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

Rose McGowan’s account has been restored.

Comes out swigging at Jeff Bezos, the head of Amazon Studios.

Wow.

I feel bad for laughing at least twice at this story. I would not be cut out to be a dudebro executive.

When Amanpour asked why she didn’t speak up at the time, the actress said: “I was not that bold. I guess it hadn’t happened to me, and I didn’t feel it was my place.”

Fonda, 79, said she only met Weinstein once but didn’t have a negative experience with him. She said she suspected it was because “I was old, and Harvey goes for young because that’s more vulnerable.”

She added she’s glad the accusations have come to light. “I’m glad it’s coming out. I’m so proud of those fellow actors that are speaking up. I know that it has taken a long time. It is a very, very, very hard thing to do. You don’t get anything out of it as the person who has been victimized, but it is important that it comes out.”

And Mira Sorvino wrote and op-ed about her experience for Time.

For those who have reached their monthly article limit:

Executives have made calls to creative partners to keep them from fleeing and have been working to rebrand and carry on under a different name after cutting ties with Harvey Weinstein.

But the board is coming under pressure to liquidate the Weinstein Co.'s assets, said people familiar with the matter. The firm was already facing financial strains because of a lack of commercial hits and increasing competition in the indie cinema space before Weinstein’s alleged misconduct surfaced.

“This company’s got no place to go in its current form,” said Los Angeles investment banker Lloyd Greif, chief executive of Greif & Co. “The value of the businesses is now in pieces, not as a whole, because this is such a stain on the company.”

Though Weinstein Co. as a whole is in peril, potential buyers may be interested in certain film and television projects that could be in limbo if they remain at the studio. The Weinsteins had been trying to unload part of their TV business, known for “Project Runway,” for years.

Also complicating matters is the Weinstein Co.'s library of films. In 2010, Goldman Sachs and an insurance company took possession of more than 200 of the studio’s films as part of a debt restructuring.

In addition, the Weinstein Co. is facing additional allegations that executive and board members were aware of settlements Harvey Weinstein had made with women since 2015. David Boies, a lawyer who has represented Weinstein and his companies in legal matters, told the New York Times that the company and board was told of three or four settlements with women when Weinstein’s contract with the firm was up for renewal.

The disclosure comes just two days after the remaining members of the Weinstein Co. board, including Bob Weinstein, denied having any knowledge of misconduct, saying they were “shocked and dismayed” by reports.

“These alleged actions are antithetical to human decency,” the directors said in a statement Tuesday. “These allegations come as an utter surprise to the board. Any suggestion that the board had knowledge of this conduct is false.”

The remaining members of the company’s diminished board, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar, also signed the statement. Four Weinstein Co. board members resigned last week in reaction to the sexual misconduct allegations.

The company was already vulnerable to civil lawsuits because firms are considered strictly liable for sexual harassment by managers under New York and California law. But the fresh details about the board’s alleged knowledge are potentially even more damaging, said Los Angeles attorney and former federal prosecutor Manny Medrano.

“That is profoundly problematic for the board and the company if it is in fact true that board members knew of this conduct by Harvey Weinstein,” Medrano said.

So just to recap, Ben Affleck told a colleague who told him she had been raped by Harvey Weinstein to go to a press conference the next day and pretend like nothing happened.

I’m finding it hard to piece together the tweets. The rape that she is accusing Harvey of in the Bezos tweets is the same incident which she claims she told Affleck about, and he said ‘goddamnit I told him to stop’?

Oh, I guess I was making an assumption. But the alternative would be too awful to consider, since that would be two separate incidents that were ignored.

With the caveat this is from TMZ believe at your own risk.

This is fascinating. Weinstein contracts allow him to have settlements and not get fired as long as uses his own money.
Seems like a reasonable chance the board acted improperly and Harvey can sued them for wrongful termination.

Videos of both Biden and Clinton speaking out against Weinstein.

Just a reminder of some people who Tweeted phone numbers and didn’t get banned from Twitter:

Michelle Obama, Donald Trump, Justin Bieber, Blake Sheldon, Lou Dobbs.

Twitter’s terms are a joke and enforced when they feel political pressure and never otherwise.

Lou Dobbs did it to a person who said Trump sexually assaulted her. And he didn’t get fucking banned for doxxing her.

Dobbs’ tweet included the woman’s personal phone number and address.

I missed that story. God, Dobbs is trash.

It just keeps getting worse.

If true this is insane. Sexual harassment is illegal. They are saying he can break the law again and again. But it’s Hollywood!