The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

It’s worth pointing out that the only other person who has been kicked out before was Carmine Caridi, a bit player from the Godfather, who violated the Academy’s policy against loaning award season screeners.

Try

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/sexual-harassment/2751966?snl=1

On second thought, maybe don’t.

It’s blocked in my region, cant see video. So I guess we’ll follow your second thought.

McGowan called out The Hollywood Reporter for squashing story on Amazon’s Roy Price, and warns the film community not to accept Bob Weinstein, who is attempting to distance himself from his brother, claims of innocence and ignorance.

You go Rose. Excellent.

After prompting from his close friend, actress Amber Tamblyn, we should be hearing from Quentin Tarantino in the near future.

Why is she ranting about Bernie Sanders as if he’s some sort of misogynistic symbol?

A lot of feminists have been for a while now.

The misogynists ended up in his camp, so somehow it’s all his fault or something. Because he ran against a woman.
Who lost, which is also his fault probably.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/ambertamblyn/status/919337497351434240

Because… reasons? Even she doesn’t have a good reason other than… he opposed Hillary? So that’s somehow an affront to women, even after she admits he is the opposite of people like Weinstein. Don’t expect reason from the Feels Brigade.

I think that’s more misogynistic than anything I’ve ever heard Sanders say. ‘The patriarchy makes us catty bitches’

That’s interesting. Another guy that has been vilified is Oliver Stone, who’s essentially said Weinstein should get a fair trial. I don’t know what’s so wrong about that. Usually the left are supportive of criminal rights.

Stone walked back his Weinstein sympathy rather quickly.

“I’ve been traveling for the last couple of days and wasn’t aware of all the women who came out to support the original story in The New York Times. After looking at what has been reported in many publications over the last couple of days, I’m appalled and commend the courage of the women who’ve stepped forward to report sexual abuse or rape.”

The Woody Allen comment is getting coverage not only because he’s a film industry luminary who has been accused of serious sexual misconduct in the past, his estranged son, Ronan Farrow, wrote the New Yorker piece on Weinstein.

Plus that whole being a blatant toady of Putin thing.

Hmm that is disappointing of Stone indeed. But doesn’t the call for a fair trial still make sense? I agree the volume of people coming out against Weinstein makes it unlikely there’s any question about the outcome but wouldn’t a fair trial still be warranted?

Coming from a person who believes and proselytizes every idiot conspiracy theory that wanders through his transom, that THIS is the thing Oliver Stone is skeptical about makes one wonder what particular factors involved have made him credulous for once in his life.

I mean… let’s be honest, he’s not going to jail or even likely to walk into a court room over this.
Assuming he hasn’t already fled the country like Polanski.

And it’s not like it’s one incident. It’s not two incidents. It’s not a dozen incidents. It’s not two dozen incidents. When you break 30 and some of the most famous people on Earth are on the list: you’re fucking guilty, even if a court can’t prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

He’s fucking guilty.

I can’t disagree with what you guys are saying. And it’s possibly worse than 30 incidents… you get the idea this has gone on for decades. If there’s not going to be a criminal conviction, then personal and professional scorn in spades is what he gets.

He’s already effectively fled the country - sex addiction therapy in Europe somewhere, apparently. Fucker ain’t coming back to US, I suspect.

Man, I don’t know. I hope this doesn’t come off as tonally deaf, but some of this is starting to feel like a witch hunt. Oliver Stone is not 1000% for a drone strike on Weinstein while overseas without a trial, and all of a sudden he is complicit? That’s lame.

Also, not to make light of touching a boob, but its also lame some Playboy bunny jumped forward and said “He honked my boob once in the 90s while he was walking out the front door leaving a party”. This kind of dogpile outta no where is not needed.

I’ve had that thought too. I’m trying to watch for my dude blind spots and be willing to evolve while at the same time being true to whatever I learned from reading The Crucible.

Multiple credible accusations is one thing, but the way tweets are flying at secondary characters and how quickly they’re believed is IMO troubling.