The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

They should just get rid of all school social events. I don’t mean at just this school. All of them.

Well it’s obvious sports should end because teaching kids to lose is terribly harmful.

I heard yesterday some California legislator wants to ban tackle football for kids under 13. Probably a good idea though.

So since you seem to like this approach, or don’t mind it, what do you think they’re doing to make sure every girl gets asked to dance?>

The operating assumption here is, “It’s ok to make a girl uncomfortable by forcing her to dance, so that we can prevent making a boy uncomfortable by keeping him from dancing”.

That’s just wrong.

Who knew that the town in Footloose was right?

IIRC, one of those boys constantly said No to a girl who just wanted to play with them.

It’s an awkward age. Teachers, parents, student support staff, guide them through it don’t force it or come up with weirdo rules that put all the problems on the shoulders of the girls.

I didn’t see that movie. Was it about non-consensual dancing?

If I had to pick a pop culture analogy, maybe The Handmaid’s Tale is closer to the mark.

I plead guilty to never having seen Footloose but I think it is about a religious town in Texas that forbids dancing, and about that great hero from the liberal world who comes and teaches the town the true meaning of dance.

I’m going to bet the ladies were lining up to dance with Kevin Bacon.

Also, you seem to believe that it’s fine for kids to experience the pain of losing at sports, but we should intervene to spare kids the pain of rejection at a dance. Why the sudden feels?

Oops, you got me there. The rejection on the dance floor will stain them as much as the losing on the sports field. Life sucks I guess. :)

Me Too hit the world of children’s/YA publishing today. Sherman Alexie and Jay Asher among the men being called out for bad behavior.

Look, the ones who are going to win at sports are alphas, real men, so that’s okay. But how is a real red blooded American male supposed to know how to handle that lady-stuff like dancing? The only people going to win there are the queers, and we need to keep them down and crush their spirits before they fill more of our schools with their leftist feminazi homo-genda.

The real-life story upon which Footloose was VERY LOOSELY based:

Ditto, and I dare say I wasn’t the only 10-11 year old boy that hated it also. Girls had cooties at the age so I have no idea what they thought :-).

Like I said, not a secret, lots, tons of people knew.

An interesting opinion piece. Basically she says the #MeToo should focus on it is original goal, exposing and ending blatant sexual harrassment in the workplace. I completely agree.

You know who to thank for that? Henry Ford at his racist worst:

Why did Ford hate jazz music so much? Not only was he fearful of “urban, negro” entertainment, he also blamed the Jews for it. No doubt you’ve heard of Ford’s tome “The International Jew,” the anti-Semitic rants that sometimes get lost in history while we keep buying Mustangs. In Ford’s own words:

“Many people have wondered whence come the waves upon waves of musical slush that invade decent homes and set the young people of this generation imitating the drivel of morons. Popular music is a Jewish monopoly. Jazz is a Jewish creation. The mush, slush, the sly suggestion, the abandoned sensuousness of sliding notes, are of Jewish origin.
Monkey talk, jungle squeals, grunts and squeaks and gasps suggestive of calf love are camouflaged by a few feverish notes and admitted in homes where the thing itself, unaided by scanned music,” would be stamped out in horror. The fluttering music sheets disclose expressions taken directly from the cesspools of modern capitals, to be made the daily slang, the thoughtlessly hummed remarks of school boys and girls."

Ford didn’t just hate jazz - he financed the revival of square dancing and pretty much single-handedly got it into the school curriculum across the country.

(thanks to Samantha Bee for making me aware of that history)

She’s mistaking MeToo with TimesUP. It’s also a very narrow view to think that knowing so many role models, so many powerful women were raped, sexually harassed and silenced as somehow only going to be about the workplace. This is a much broader conversation, and it needs to be.