The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

How many fingers am I holding up, guys?

ONE, HAHA PERFECT VISION, nailed it.

Specifically the middle finger on his right hand.

Well it still means something. See the Top Chef ridiculous controversy, Christine Hà. There are too many people in the world that don’t realize that legally blind does not always mean they see nothing or blackness. And no, glasses and/or surgery doesn’t fix “it” for everyone.

I thought that legally blind means that it can’t be corrected with normal lenses.

I don’t know how anyone else is defining it but, from the American Foundation for the Blind:

• Legal blindness is a level of vision loss that has been legally defined to determine eligibility for benefits. In the United States, this refers to a medically diagnosed central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with the best possible correction, and/or a visual field of 20 degrees or less. See the Blue Book Disability Evaluation Under Social Security . Often, people who are diagnosed with legal blindness still have some usable vision.

I’m just saying being legally blind… “means something.” It’s not a throwaway condition.

I’m sorry for upsetting legally blind people. Please don’t talk about what it means to be legally blind for the next 500 posts in this thread.

This has nothing to do with upsetting people. It has to do with people using a legal and medical term they don’t understand.

What has nothing to do with upsetting people?

Ok, but that’s the flaw in the general perception. The broad public hears that term and, incorrectly, assigns it certain attributes. The problem isn’t the term, it’s the public perception of what that term means and how that deviates from the medical definition.

Well yeah. That’s the entire point of the Top Chef controversy. It was, again, the general population getting upset that the legally blind woman in the show could actually see some forms of light maybe even shadows, but she is legally blind. I don’t see anyone upset here either. Trying to say legally blind means nothing though downplays a legal and medical term which isn’t a good thing either so… let’s not do that!

Anyway…

I’m surprised this hasn’t come up anywhere so I am going to just put it here.

Interesting, but he was cut out before the film released. Granted, that’s an extreme approach, but there’s a lot left on the cutting room floor between what is filmed and what is released. It’s not an attempt to rewrite history but an attempt to save a commercial property.

And I doubt Spacey groped Dench. I wonder if he had tried to force himself on a teenage grandson of Dench’s if she would feel this way?

If Spacey wants to work, he can find work. It just may not be in major film productions.

One thing that is sad about Spacey is I believe he is very likely the product of horrible abuse himself, from having read a bit about him.

It’s horrible about how these wounds keep harming generation after generation. When we fuck up our kids, they go on to do the same to others.

Louis CK pops up again for another comedy set and does not address the elephant in the room.

The title of that piece might be better written as “performs another surprise set with an audience containing one person who didn’t like it.”

Slightly more in depth piece:

So it seems like there were 2 folks in the audience who didn’t like it, the rest did.

Also, I think it’s cool that the comedy cellar has a policy that if you don’t like an unannounced act, you can leave and your check is on the house.

Fuck this worm. As predicted, he’s sliming his way back into performing without even addressing his shittiness.

I suggest you boycott the Comedy Cellar of your business.

He needs to address this in his sets and not pretend like it didn’t happen, even if it makes them rougher. He’s talented enough to do it with seriousness yet segue into lighter subjects. Otherwise it feels like he’s minimizing in his own mind what he did, and I’m sure it has to feel insulting to those he harassed.