The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

I think it’s a curse of the shorter format they’re forced to deal with. There’s also a podcast where he goes into more detail with experts from each episode, which is pretty good.

I also mentiomed Billy Crystal.

I grew up listening to Bill Cosby albums. I saw him live in Tahoe in the early 80’s, he was hilarious. I introduced him to my daughters when they were little (I mean the chicken heart stuff is so good), but I have trouble even seeing that his TV show is still on some cable channel nightly.

I hate him for that.

His material, at least that I knew, was always about him. He never made fun of anyone else. Never belittled others. So what he did really isn’t even reflected in any way by his humor. But still…

Twist!

In an upcoming exclusive interview on “Ellen,” Hart told host Ellen DeGeneres that he is reconsidering his decision last month to step down as host of the 91st Academy Awards following controversy over resurfaced homophobic remarks that he made several years ago. DeGeneres, for her part, revealed that she called the Academy to ask its leaders to reconsider having Hart host the Oscars.

Yeah, so did Jimmy Savile.

Harassment claims dismissed

who? what? context?

Would be nice to get a bit more context than just a driveby link…

Ashley Judd is suing Weinstein for sexual harassment under a then-existing California statute. The judge has ruled that the sexual harassment claim isn’t covered by the statute at the time because they weren’t in an employer-employee relationship. Her other actions, for defamation and interfering with her career will go forward.

thanks.

I recommend everyone start focusing on dead artists. That way any of their wrongdoings are irrelevant, because you aren’t helping them by paying for their work.

I may feel bad about owning a Chinatown Blu Ray, but I can listen to Wagner with a clean conscience!

Apologies, I assumed since this was the Weinstein thread, those reading it would be familiar with what was going on vis-a-vis Weinstein.

And thank you, Scott, for clarifying.

This thread has become the catch-all me-too thread, so in principle it could have been about lots of people. But I guess I also appreciate people giving some sort of commentary or context when dropping links into a thread as a courtesy to the other participants. Sorry, could have been clearer about that and thanks for the update.

That’s pretty good - need more of this.

Be warned though (and probably don’t even need to state this, but I made this mistake) skip the twitter replies.

Except for this one:
https://twitter.com/Syenca/status/1084902438623170562

Because, it’s actually kinda funny.

Having seen people self castrate on the chans/encyclopedia dramatica I don’t know if this is a joke

Castrating myself to own the libs.

I’m not crying YOU’RE CRYING.

Shit that was good.